EnBW completes installation of all wind turbines of its “Hohe See” offshore wind farm in the German North Sea

Loaded with parts for four wind turbines, the installation vessel “Brave Tern” is now heading for the EnBW offshore wind farm “Albatros“ to install the remaining wind turbines. (Source: EnBW)

(PRESS RELEASE) KARLSRUHE/ BORKUM/ HELGOLAND, 13-Aug-2019 — /EuropaWire/ — EnBW completes the installation of all 71 wind turbines of its offshore wind farm “Hohe See” in the German North Sea. The commissioning of the “Hohe See” wind turbines continues with 27 of its turbines already in operation and feed electricity into the grid. Simultaneously, the installation vessels “Blue Tern” and “Brave Tern” are on their way to the adjacent wind farm Albatros to complete 16 more wind turbines.

“EnBW Hohe See” and “Albatros” together (609 Megawatt) represent the largest offshore wind project currently being realised in Germany. Over 600 employees are working at this large construction site in the middle of the sea and 50 ships are involved in the construction work. This major project is a logistical challenge and is being coordinated by the EnBW offshore subsidiary in Hamburg.

Enbridge Inc., the Canadian energy infrastructure company, owns 49.9 percent of the shares in both wind farms. EnBW has retained the remaining 50.1 percent in both cases.

For press information:

Stefanie Klumpp
Press Spokeswomen
Wind Energy
Phone: +49 711 289-82385

SOURCE: EnBW Energie Baden-Württemberg



Comments are closed.