She Loves Tech, the world’s largest startup competition for women and technology, has selected the TOP 12 finalists from the South European region to compete in the Local Pitch Competition round on 13 October 2021 at 2PM!
(PRESS RELEASE) MILAN, 7-Oct-2021 — /EuropaWire/ — The first edition of She Loves Tech South Europe is entering its core in October. Since the beginning of June, after campaigning and engaging the South Europe startup ecosystem, the finalists are now called for the final pitching, to showcase their business to a wide public and to the panel of international judges from diverse yet professionally relevant fields! Only 1 out of the 12 finalists will be selected as Regional Winner and as South Europe representative to attend the Global Final Competition! The greatest competition tailored to women in tech – organised by X23 Srl and covering Italy, France, Spain, Portugal – has found its champions in South Europe (in alphabetical order):
- Baby Friendly Companies, Luxury baby gift baskets from Spain by Elena Gómez del Pozuelo
- Best Health 4U, Material solutions for skin-interacting from Portugal by Sónia Ferreira.
- EcoSteer, software that enables the data sharing economy from Italy by Elena Pasquali.
- EthicHub, a social enterprise that connects small farmers with the financing needed from Spain by Gabriela Chang.
- Ienai SPACE, highly efficient ionic-liquid electric propulsion systems and mission analysis for nano-satellites from Spain by Sara Correyero Plaza.
- Levante, a green tech startup that designs and produces a smart, modular and deployable solar panel device from Italy by Sara Plaga.
- MEETOPTICS, helps optical engineers and researchers in photonics find, filter and compare optics amongst verified providers in an easy and fast way from Spain by Bárbara Buades.
- MoonAi, a mobile app that offers science-based and customized sounds to help relieve period-related pain from Spain by Laura-June CLARKE.
- NEVARO, helps companies take care of their employees’ mental health from Portugal by Rita Maçorano.
- Orange Fiber s.r.l., patented and manufactures sustainable fabrics for fashion from Italy by Enrica Arena.
- The Newsroom, limiting the spread of misinformation online from Portugal by Jenny Romano.
- U-Earth Biotech, innovative biotechnologies that reduce air pollution from Italy by Betta Maggio.
The South Europe Champions will compete in the final pitch, an online event celebrated on 13th October, from 2:00 to 4:40 PM CEST via Zoom Webinar (agenda, CLICK). A few seats are still available to get to know the best women-in-tech-led startup to join the representatives from the other 40+ countries globally in the Final Global Event on 3-4 December, 2021.
The startups will be selected by a panel of international judges expert in the startup ecosystem, while the event will host the key-note speeches from international industry experts, startup mentors and community builders, such as:
- Yonah Welker, Board Member, Yonah.ai, will discuss “Accessibility, algorithmic diversity and the role of women in this movement”
- Maxwell Mirho, Host, Speaker, EntrepreNerd, will teach us “How to build a startup in 10 minutes”
- Silvia Pulino, Professor, John Cabot University, will provide a speech about the “Gender Gap in STEM”.
Ready to discover the next top South Europe Women in Tech winner?
Don’t miss your chance and REGISTER NOW!
Digital Manager at X23 Srl
Phone: +39 0363 70 32 47
SOURCE: X23 Srl