UTRECHT, 08-May-2017 — /EuropaWire/ — Twenty start-ups from across the global food and agriculture industries are gearing up to pitch at Rabobank’s pitch competition-meets-networking event FoodBytes!
“F&A Next’s previous winners have gone on to enjoy success, like Phenospex, which is now in discussions with venture capital funds after being part of our event in 2016. We’re confident this year’s event will provide a similar springboard for the businesses which most impress our judges.”
Prizes for the winners include acceleration programmes by ShakeUpFactory and StartLife, as well as introductions to Rabobank’s global network of corporate and retail clients.
The ten companies that will pitch at FoodBytes! at F&A Next are:
- Novihum Technologies GmbH – Producer of a nutrient-rich permanent humus granulate made from lignite that improves poor and degraded soils, leading to plant yield increases of 10-50% (based in Dresden, Germany).
- FruitsApp – Providing an intelligent marketplace for the fresh produce industry (based in Rome, Italy).
- Koupe – Providing a high protein, healthier, and smart alternative to conventional ice cream (based in Loenen, Netherlands).
- Si Technologies International B.V. – A business that helps smallholder farmers to optimise crop yields under stressful circumstances (based in Rotterdam, Netherlands).
- FoodNotify – A SaaS-based cloud solution and corresponding app tailored to manage all administrative areas in the HoReCa industry (based in Vienna, Austria).
- Hey Like Wow – The company’s aim is to develop the leading, most trusted global soft drinks brand in the sugar-free, preservative-free, drinks market (based in Essex, UK).
- arc-net – Start-up arc-net connects every step of a product’s journey to deliver supply chain transparency and product security (based in Belfast, UK).
- Connecting Food – A start-up that develops and sells an innovative technology solution, based on blockchain and food, that certifies in real time food compliance (based in Paris, France).
- Multi Tool Trac – Building the first electric tractor that saves the soil (based in Almelo, Netherlands)
- Neo Farms – A start-up developing a fully automated indoor greenhouse able to produce family sized salads and greens with a home appliance the size and form of a fridge that can be integrated in any kitchen or living space (based in Hanover, Germany).
In addition to hosting the San Francisco pitching format FoodBytes! for matching innovative concepts in food and agriculture with the capital needed to bring it to market, F&A Next focusses on the convergence of food and health and the gradual shift to ‘smart’ farming, addressing the requirements of global farmers, innovators, and investors.
In addition to the ten finalists, ten runner-up companies (one last runner-up will be announced shortly) have been selected to deliver 60-second pitches. They are:
- Traktor (based in Georgia)
- Seatris GmbH (based in Berlin, Germany)
- Agroflux BV (based in Kapelle, Netherlands)
- Youmiam (based in Paris, France)
- RethinkResource (based in Zurich, Switzerland)
- Cerescon (based in Heeze, Netherlands)
- BLUE-tec (based in Renkum, Netherlands)
- Olijck Seafood B.V (based in Haarlem, Netherlands)
- Agrics – (based in Kakamega, Kenya)
- Cambridge Crops
Investors and food and agri companies interested in attending the conference can register at www.fanext.com.
+31 30 2162758