New retail station in Jinan city, Shandong, China for BP marks the start of its plan to add 1,000 new sites across China

New retail station in Jinan city, Shandong, China for BP marks the start of its plan to add 1,000 new sites across China

(PRESS RELEASE) SHANDONG, China, 29-Jan-2019 — /EuropaWire/ — BP opens its first branded station in Shandong, China. The new store is opened through BP’s new joint venture partnership with Dongming Petrochemical. It is located in the Huaiyin district of Jinan city. BP plans to open 1,000 new retail stores across China over the next five years and the newly opened store is the first of BP’s new look and feel.

The new station will offer made-to-order Wild Bean Coffee delivered to the car, free WIFI and all the benefits linked to a multi-partner loyalty program with China Resources Networks (CRT), which covers over 6,000 merchants across the country.

Also, the new location will be BP’s first retail site in China offering fast charging for electric vehicles and participating in BP Target Neutral programme to deliver a carbon-neutral operation.

Tufan Erginbilgic, chief executive, BP Downstream:

“China is an important market in our downstream growth strategy. This is the first BP site with our full offer, demonstrating our continued intent to provide charging solutions, fuels, and high quality retail offer to our consumers,”

Hanna Hofer, president of BP China Retail:

“We want to offer our Chinese customers a friendly and welcoming experience. In this site, we are testing a new design and service offer, reflecting the uniqueness of the fast-changing retail environment and customer needs in China.”

BP is committed to a low carbon future, aiming to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in its operations, improving its products and services to help customers lower their emissions, and to create new low carbon businesses.

Dongming Petrochemical, BP’s partner in the joint venture, is based in HeZe city, Shandong Province. The company has nearly 6,300 employees, total assets¥30 billion and its primary processing capacity is 15 million tons per year. Dongming Petrochemical has been listed in China’s Top 500 Enterprises since 2007.

The joint venture of BP with Dongming Petrochemical (Shandong Dongming Petrochemical Group) was established in 2018 with the aim of developing and operating branded retail fuels and convenience business in the Chinese provinces of Shandong, Henan and Hebei. BP has a 49% equity share of the joint venture and Dongming Petrochemical controlling the remaining 51%.




Comments are closed.