SWINDON, 01-Aug-2017 — /EuropaWire/ — NERC has appointed seven new members to its Innovation Advisory Board to replace those who have completed their term.
The Innovation Advisory Board advises NERC on its strategy for strengthening the delivery of economic growth and other societal benefits (impact) from its research and innovation investments. The board helps NERC find the most effective ways to engage stakeholders, translate research and support innovation. The board also monitors and evaluates the effectiveness and impacts of NERC innovation investments.
The new appointments, which started in February 2017, are:
- Mr Ian Allison – Group global head of climate resilience, Mott MacDonald.
- Mr Arwel Griffiths – Business group director, Met Office.
- Dr Hans Jensen – CEO, UK Water Industry Research Ltd.
- Mr Angus Middleton – Founder and commercial director, Viridian Logic.
- Mr Jonathan Oxley – Independent.
- Professor Jason Snape – Principal environmental scientist and associate director for SHE research and foresight, AstraZeneca Global SHE.
New appointments, which will start in October 2017:
- Dr Alice Owen – Associate professor: business sustainability & stakeholder engagement, Sustainability Research Institute, University of Leeds.
Secretariat Officer for IAB
07901 115 515