LONDON, 30-12-2015 — /EuropaWire/ — Antonio Simoes, CEO UK and Europe of HSBC, said: “The flooding which took place throughout December is impacting our personal and business customers in North West England and Scotland. It has injured people, damaged their homes, and disrupted businesses.
“We want to ensure our customers have the support they need in this difficult time. This means keeping our branches in affected areas open longer, and providing emergency funding to those in need as quickly and flexibly as possible. We encourage anyone with questions about the flooding to contact us for help.”
Personal and business customers of HSBC who have been impacted by the flooding can rely on:
- Increased financial flexibility, such as fast-track credit decisions and loan and overdraft extensions.
- Loan repayment holidays lasting up to 3-months.
- Extended flexibility to waive or reduce arrangement fees on loans and overdrafts.
- Limits removed on emergency payments for insurance customers to ensure they receive immediate support to repair flood damage.
HSBC employees are also on hand to help:
- Insurance claim loss adjusters have been posted to some of the worst-hit areas to ensure claims can be processed quickly.
- HSBC Insurance will give highest priority to emergency claims. Customers should contact us as soon as possible, as we may be able to assist them with alternative accommodation.
- HSBC’s agriculture team is on standby to help local farmers and food producers with any questions or help they require.
- Rochdale, Bridlington and Nuneaton branches are closed but we are working hard to reopen them as soon as possible.
Useful telephone numbers:
- Retail telephone banking (03457 404 404) open 24/7
- Business telephone banking (03457606060) open from 8am-10pm Monday to Sunday
- HSBC Home Insurance (0845 300 5899) open 24/7
For further information please contact:
Direct: +44 (0)207 9914980
Notes to Editors:
HSBC Bank plc
HSBC serves 16.1 million customers in the UK and employs approximately 48,000 people. In the UK, HSBC offers a complete range of personal, premier and private banking services including bank accounts and mortgages. It also provides commercial banking for small to medium businesses and corporate and institutional banking services. HSBC Bank plc is a wholly owned subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc.
HSBC Commercial Banking
For 150 years we have been where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities. Today, HSBC Commercial Banking serves businesses ranging from small enterprises to large multinationals in almost 60 developed and faster-growing markets around the world. Whether it is working capital, trade finance or payments and cash management solutions, we provide the tools and expertise that businesses need to thrive. With a network covering three quarters of global commerce, we make HSBC the world’s leading international trade and business bank.
For more information see www.hsbc.com/1/2/business-and-commercial
SOURCE: HSBC Group