This year, more than 100 organisations put forward nominees for these two individual awards. The applicants are from organisations operating in across a range of sectors and territories including the United Kingdom, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and the West Indies. The individual awards will be presented at the International Safety Awards Gala Dinner taking place at Grosvenor House in London on Friday 24 April 2015.
Individuals from the following organisations have been shortlisted for the Health and Safety Champion Award for 2015:
- Ahmed Ismaeel Ali Janahi, Aluminium Bahrain B.S.C., Bahrain
- Bill John Innes, North Star Shipping (Aberdeen) Ltd, Aberdeen
- Bradley Davis, Basildon Decent Homes Contract – Mulalley & Co Ltd, Woodford Green
- David Thomson, CAN (Offshore) Ltd, Aberdeen
- Gary Mitchell, BAE Systems Maritime – Naval Ships, Glasgow
- Paul Waugh, Engineering Excellence, Diageo Meta Abo Brewery, Ethiopia.
Individuals from the following organisations have been shortlisted for the Young Health and Safety Champion Award for 2015:
- Arthur Mason-Callaway, BAE Systems Maritime Services, Portsmouth
- Beth Thompson, AR Demolition Ltd, Nuneaton
- Chris Joynson, Wrights Services UK Ltd, Ellesmere Port
- Georgia Clements, Faithorn Farrell Timms LLP, Orpington
- Gordon Hooker, CRC-Evans Offshore, Inverness
- Tom Hunt, Mount Anvil, London.
Joscelyne Shaw, acting Policy and Communications Director of the British Safety Council, congratulated those who have been shortlisted for these awards: “On behalf of the Trustees and staff of the British Safety Council we warmly congratulate these committed individuals who have contributed to their organisations’ effective management of health, safety and welfare. These are people who have gone the extra mile over and above their main job roles and responsibilities. We are proud of all of the nominees including those young workers who will be tomorrow’s champions.
“We are delighted to have received so many submissions from organisations, recognising the contributions that these many individuals make every day to their colleagues and others in their workplaces ensuring they remain healthy and safe.
“Our thanks to our panel of judges who have independently adjudicated these two awards – we look forward to the two winners being announced at the Gala Dinner on the 24 April 2015.”
The chair of the panel of judges, Graham Cowan, Trustee of the British Safety Council, will announce the winners at the Gala Dinner on 24 April.