- The project is essential in order to strengthen the meshing of the grid between the autonomous communities of Valencia and Aragón.
- Red Eléctrica is carefully studying the claims and arguments put forward regarding this project; a project that is included in the Energy Plan developed by the central government and the autonomous communities.
VALENCIA, 04-Oct-2016 — /EuropaWire/ — The new Morella-La Plana electricity line will increase security and quality of the electricity supply in the autonomous community of Valencia, factors that are essential for the economic development of the area, while providing the entire peninsular electricity system with greater efficiency. The project is fundamental in order to strengthen the meshing of the grid between Valencia and Aragon, as the Morella-La Plana line connects with the 400 kV Mezquita-Morella axis; work on the latter is being finalized.
Red Eléctrica is carefully studying the claims and arguments put forward regarding this project, which is included in the 2015-2020 Energy Planning prepared by the central government in collaboration with the autonomous communities. The Morella-La Plana project involves the construction of a 400 kV double circuit line and with a length of 86 km that will run through 16 municipalities in the province of Castellon, from the Morella substation to the La Plana substation, in Almassora. Red Electric plans to invest more than 47.5 million euros in the construction of this line.
This new infrastructure will allow energy losses in the transmission grid to be reduced, making the power system more efficient, secure and sustainable. It will also improve the capacity to integrate renewable power generated with these territories. In its design, Red Eléctrica has used routes that will have the least impact on the environment and landscape, given the environmental and cultural wealth that exists in these territories.
Public information and claims & arguments
The period of public information regarding both the construction project of the line and the revised Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) was started in late April this year. The revised EIA already includes modifications to the route which were raised by some municipalities during the public information process conducted in 2011 concerning the initial draft project.
In the months of May and June, Red Eléctrica held meetings with the local councils of the 16 municipalities and all the claims & arguments received are currently being analysed and answered, carefully studying the proposals tabled. The Company also is conducting informative sessions with each and every one of the owners of the land through which the line will run.
Investment in the Autonomous Community of Valencia 2015-2020
The Autonomous Community of Valencia has significant weight in the energy planning approved by the government in the fall of 2015. Thus, for the period 2015-2020, an estimated investment of 494 million euros has been earmarked for three key actions:
• Development of the grid in the area of El Serrallo and Castalla to meet industrial demand.
• Strengthening the 220 kV grid to ensure the quality of supply.
• Strengthening of the meshing of the grid with Aragón and Castilla-La Mancha to reduce technical constraints and increase the reliability and security of the electricity supply. Regarding this point, the Morella-La Plana line is critical to achieving this goal.
The Press Office of Red Eléctrica publishes all written and audio-visual information via the Twitter account @RedElectricaREE.
Also on Facebook through the account RedElectricaREE.
SOURCE: Red Eléctrica de España