- A cognitive service platform powered by high levels of automation, virtualization and intelligent analytics, resulting in superior network performance for operators.
- The platform enables secure, cloud based delivery and development of advanced multi-vendor services.
- Centralized big data collection, storage and processing as well as machine learning and robotics help networks to act automatically to changing network conditions.
Espoo, Finland, 09-Feb-2016 — /EuropaWire/ — Nokia has created a new way to develop and deliver expert services to operators seeking near-perfect network performance and availability, improved operational efficiency and thus a superior customer experience. Nokia AVA is a cloud-based platform that combines big data storage, intelligent analytics and extreme automation, allowing operators to move away from traditional reactive network operations to a cognitive approach that predicts faults and solves them rapidly. This will prepare operator networks for the future demands of the programmable world.
As well as delivering today’s expert services, AVA will facilitate a more efficient and faster delivery of Nokia services across the entire network lifecycle. This means Care services, Network implementation , Network Planning and Optimization and Managed Services are supported, with more to come as Nokia continues to move towards cloud-based delivery of services, artificial intelligence and contextualized delivery. AVA ensures low latency, high throughput and extreme resilience of the network. These elements will be key to support operators explore new business areas in the connected world. The first services have already been delivered over the platform.
Nokia AVA in more detail:
- Supports a wide range of multi-vendor equipment using a common set of KPIs cutting across the different vendors in the market.
- A centralized big data collection and storage processing layer, supported by machine learning methodology, gathers data from sensors in network elements and OSS. Strong commitment to security and data privacy standards is incorporated as part of this process
- Secure, cloud based delivery ensures fast commissioning and decommissioning of services which speeds up delivery from weeks to hours.
- One of the services already delivered to China Mobile is Predictive Care for Packet Core, which automatically monitors 3,000 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and has hit 98% accuracy in identifying network anomalies.
- Root causes of anomalies, can be found 93% faster.
- Predictive Optimization reduces inter-system handovers by 20% and boosts data throughput by 37%.
- The flexibility of cloud-based delivery supported by the growing use of artificial intelligence and robotics lets Nokia Global Delivery Centers act as virtual ‘wisdom centers’, deploying customized services to operators.
Chris Antlitz, Telecom Senior Analyst, Technology Business Research said: “Nokia is taking its service delivery organization to the next level of efficiency, setting the stage for a sustained competitive advantage over peers. Nokia’s focus on evolving its service delivery organization to a cognitive and contextual foundation that emphasizes remote service delivery using automated processes is the way forward for the industry, particularly as the telecom industry migrates to a software-defined, ICT-centric world.”
Wang Wei, Expert of network O&M department at China Mobile said: “By using big data analytics and Nokia Predictive Care we can proactively pinpoint and correct hidden issues by configuring network elements to cope with changing network conditions, giving us a powerful way to solve new problems automatically and rapidly. This reduces customer complaints and improves customer satisfaction significantly. We can now say that in our core network operations we could not work without Predictive Care for Packet Core.”
Igor Leprince, Executive Vice President, Global Services at Nokia said: “This smart platform will revolutionize our service delivery. It uses machine learning and predictive analytics to automatically provide intelligent services over the cloud to help operators boost the performance of networks and increase availability to unprecedented levels. This is vital for operators wanting to meet the ever-rising needs of subscribers, win new IoT business and be ready for 5G.”
Did you know?
Nokia aims to incorporate 80% automation in around 50% of its delivery processes.*
- Webpage: Cognitive Services, including:
- Webpage: Expert Advantage
- Webpage: Managed Services
- Webpage: Services for 5G
- Webpage: Predictive Care, including:
- Video: Nokia Predictive Care provides Shanghai Unicom with powerful means to operate and maintain their packet core network.
- Video: Shanghai Mobile powered to deliver high customer experiences with Nokia Predictive Care
- Webpage: Network Planning and Optimization
Connect with Nokia Networks:
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, the company is at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. http://www.nokia.com
Phone: +358 10 448 4900
*Data taken from a Nokia internal project