LONDON, 30-May-2016 — /EuropaWire/ — It’s the event that no journalist who’s interested in energy issues can afford to miss. You’re invited to RenewableUK’s 15th annual Global Offshore Wind Conference & Exhibition on 21st & 22nd June in Manchester.
The founder of Bloomberg New Energy Finance, Michael Liebreich will provide the keynote address to the conference, and will also chair an Industry Leaders’ debate. Michael is Chairman of the BNEF’s Advisory Board. He also serves on the UN Secretary General’s High-Level Group on Sustainable Energy and the Clinton Global Initiative’s Energy and Climate Change group. He is one of the world’s leading energy commentators and an expert in sustainability.
RenewableUK’s new Chief Executive, Hugh McNeal, will also deliver his first keynote speech setting out his vision for the industry. A wide range of other major figures from the renewable energy sector and its supply chain will speak at events such as a Share Fair, which provides the latest business news from developers.
In addition, UKTI is coordinating an inward trade delegation of Chinese project developers, manufacturers and investors to attend and present at the conference. This will be a unique opportunity to meet these leading companies in this market. China is a powerhouse in renewable energy, and its offshore wind market is just emerging. There will also be a session dedicated to offshore wind in China.
Over 2,000 delegates, 100 exhibitors and 100 expert speakers will be attending the event at Manchester Central. The exhibition showcases the work of international developers, manufacturers, suppliers, consultancies and government agencies.
All accredited journalists are welcome to a free media pass to the event. Please contact:
- Adam Wentworth, Communications Officer, 0207 901 3038 or 07791 702 702, Adam.Wentworth@RenewableUK.comNotes:
- More details on the conference can be found here: http://events.renewableuk.com.liveweb.buzz/events/gow2016
- RenewableUK: Media invitation to RenewableUK’s 2016 Global Offshore Wind conference: https://t.co/hHwxIVsmvl, featuring @MLiebreich! #RUKGOW16
- RenewableUK: Welsh community wind farm project nears Â£1m target. Share offer still open! https://t.co/4At4BE995G @AwelAmanTawe
- RenewableUK: Congratuations to @seacatservices winning work in #offshorewind from @DONGEnergyUK @theislandmp https://t.co/QMRoSCSiJaFollow us on twitter
RenewableUK is the UK’s leading renewable energy trade association, specialising in onshore wind, offshore wind and wave & tidal energy. Formed in 1978, we have an established, large corporate membership ranging from small independent companies, to large international corporations and manufacturers. Acting as a central point of information and a united, representative voice for our membership, we conduct research; find solutions; organise events, facilitate business development, and promote wind and marine renewables to government, industry, the media and the public. Our vision is for renewable energy to play a leading role in powering the UK.