- Seven limited edition Continental GT Speeds inspired by famed jets
- Handcrafted models take Mulliner customisation to new heights
- Continental GT Speed is fastest production Bentley ever
- Models to debut at Boeing Seafair Airshow, Seattle, July 31
Crewe, 2-7-2015 — /EuropaWire/ — Bentley is taking its fusion of luxury and performance to new extremes with the launch of the Continental GT Speed Breitling Jet Team Series. This exclusive series is limited to just seven cars, each inspired by one of the seven Breitling Jets.
Renowned for their precision, speed and daring, this summer the Breitling Jet Team will be performing across the United States and Canada in a grand tour of epic proportions. To commemorate this spectacle, Bentley’s Mulliner division has re-imagined the Continental GT Speed to mirror the distinctive look of the Breitling Jets, fusing extreme customisation with immense speed.
The exterior is painted in a striking duo-tone split of Hallmark and Onyx with highlights colour matched to the exact Pantone of Breitling’s unique Yellow, reflecting the trademark look of the L-39 Albatros Jets.
This bespoke colour theme is continued on the interior, with unique sculpted seats featuring accents in Breitling Yellow.
Taking customisation to new heights, each car is individually numbered and corresponds to one of the seven Breitling Jets. The dashboard’s carbon fibre fascia panel displays an image of the seven planes in their signature Avenger flight formation, with the corresponding jet highlighted in Breitling Yellow.
Similarly, Mulliner has matched the hide and thread to Breitling’s signature yellow and designed a series of logos and graphics for the headrests that highlight the number of each car and the jet that inspired it. The tread plate plaques are also individually numbered.
The series will debut at the Boeing Seafair Airshow on 31st July in Seattle, where the Breitling Jet Team is performing. The key for each car will be handed over to its owner by the corresponding plane’s pilot, but not until they have experienced a flight in the jet that inspired their car.
Geoff Dowding, Director of Mulliner, said: “The Continental GT Speed Breitling Jet Team Series demonstrates the level of customisation Mulliner can achieve for customers. Creating this very special edition has been an exciting experience for the entire team, taking inspiration from the Breitling Jet Team’s grand tour.”
Mulliner – Rare by Design
Mulliner exists to respond to the requirements of Bentley’s most discerning customers. The specialist division’s Limited Editions reflect carefully chosen and inspirational themes. Individually these might have special significance for customers in specific markets, but what they all share is the highest standards of Mulliner craftsmanship – taking the concept of Bentley luxury and pushing it even further.
Mulliner Limited Editions are rare by design and, as a result, they all have the potential to become instant classics, desired by many but driven only by a fortunate few.
More information about Mulliner can be found at www.bentleymotors.com.
Breitling Jet Team
The Breitling Jet Team, supported by the independent Swiss watch company Breitling, is the world’s largest professional civilian flight team performing in jets. The team is comprised of seven L-39 C Albatros jets that can reach speeds of up to 565 mph and fly within just a few feet of each other.
Widely recognized for their precision and seamless coordination displayed throughout high-speed aerobatic performances, the France-based team brings their unmatched flying to North America for the first time, mirroring the quality and precision of a Breitling timepiece.
– END –
News and Product Communications Manager
Head of Media Communications
+44 (0)7415 499 252
Bentley Motors Ltd
Notes to editors
- Bentley Motors is the most sought after luxury car brand in the world. The company’s headquarters in Crewe is home to all of its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production of the company’s three model lines, Continental, Flying Spur and Mulsanne. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury car brands such as Bentley. It is also an example of high-value British manufacturing at its best. Bentley employs around 3,800 people at Crewe.
- Breitling: A specialist of technical watches, Breitling has played a crucial role in the development of the wrist chronograph and is a leader in this complication. The firm has shared all the finest moments in the conquest of the skies thanks to its sturdy, reliable and high-performance instruments. One of the world’s only major watch brands to equip all its models with chronometer-certified movements, the ultimate token of precision, Breitling is also one of the rare companies to produce its own mechanical chronograph movements, entirely developed and manufactured in its own workshops. This family business is also one of the last remaining independent Swiss watch brands.