- Trainees raise more than £22,000 for local charity
- Online campaign reaches over 10,000 people
Crewe, 1-9-2014 — /EuropaWire/ — Industrial placement trainees (IPs) from Bentley Motors have raised £22,090 for local domestic abuse charity, Cheshire Without Abuse (CWA), while also establishing new marketing communications tools.
As part of their placement programme, which began in August 2013, the IPs were challenged with fundraising along with helping the charity achieve an increased online presence.
The fundraising activities included the group taking part in the ‘Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge’, silent auctions and confectionary sales. The money raised will aide young people and families that have suffered from domestic abuse.
Angela Hodgson, Continuous Improvement Programme Leader at Bentley Motors has overseen this year’s fundraising programme and comments:
“Bentley has a close relationship with CWA, not just through fundraising activities, but strategic development and business planning. The IPs have built a close bond with the charity and worked hard to achieve this amount, and are also very grateful to those that have donated. We are proud of the commitment our IPs have shown, and know this contribution makes a real difference to a very worthwhile cause.”
The IPs also added their marketing communications expertise, with a dedicated specialist team working on an online campaign, which included enhancing the reach of the charity’s Twitter account, increasing its engagement and influence. The reach has grown to over 10,000 Twitter users, and many businesses, which resulted in large donations through the charity’s Just Giving page, promoted through Twitter and set up by the IPs.
Saskia Ritchie, CWA Manager commented: “We are so grateful for the hard work and effort the IPs have put into their charitable work. I have personally learnt so much from them in terms of business management, social media and professional fundraising. I will genuinely miss them when they return to University. The money will be invested in the development of a nursery to further enable the support we can offer to families with children.”
Bentley’s Industrial Placement programme runs for 12 months and is for undergraduates working in industry as part of their university studies. A group of 30 IPs helped raise money for CWA.
Notes to editors
- Bentley Motors is the most sought after luxury car brand in the world. 2013 was Bentley’s record year in the company’s 95-year history. Global customer deliveries grew by 19% over 2012 to 10,120 cars. At the half year point in 2014, the Americas remained Bentley’s largest sales region, with 1,388 cars delivered. China continued its position as the second biggest market with 1,318 cars, while in Europe, deliveries reached 825 cars. Sales in Bentley’s home market, the UK, were 713 and in the Middle East, Bentley delivered 502 cars. At that stage of 2014, Bentley had nearly 200 dealerships in 54 countries.
- Bentley Motors’ headquarters in Crewe is home to all of its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production of the company’s three model lines, Continental, Flying Spur and Mulsanne. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury car brands such as Bentley. It is also an example of high-value British manufacturing at its best. Bentley employs around 3,700 people at Crewe.
- Cheshire Without Abuse, formerly known as Crewe Women’s Aid was founded by the late Lily Jones in 1977 to provide temporary accommodation, advice and practical help to women and children escaping domestic abuse. It offers a wide range of advice and support to anyone who is currently or has previously experienced domestic abuse. The charity works alongside other agencies such as the Police, Adult and Children’s Social Care, Health Services, Housing Providers and Voluntary Organisations.
For further information please visit www.cheshirewithoutabuse.org.uk
Director of Communications
Corporate Communications Manager
Bentley Motors Ltd