- Surf Shop/Crab Shack theme demonstrates versatility and market potential of graphics created entirely by inkjet
- Surf’s up at SGIA and the place to be is at Agfa Graphics’ “Surf N’ Crab” Application Zone in booth #2019 from October 22-24. The “Surf N’ Crab” simulates a crab shack restaurant and surf shop experience that can’t be missed.
Elmwood Park, NJ, 22-10-2014 — /EuropaWire/ — Using Agfa Graphics printing systems, consumables and substrates, the “Surf N’ Crab” Application Zone features vibrant graphics typically seen in similar tropical environments. In addition to the Anapurna wide-format and Jeti grand format printing devices from Agfa Graphics, other systems used in the creation of the “Surf N’ Crab” Application Zone include printers from Epson, HP, MGI Digital and 3D Systems.
“This is our unique way to produce “real-world” applications that our customers can create using Agfa Graphics equipment, technology and media in our portfolio,” said Deborah Hutcheson, Director of Marketing, Agfa Graphics, North America. “Visitors to the Agfa Graphics booth can see, touch experience and learn how they can create almost anything they can dream up for their clients.”
A wide variety of media, including various textiles, rigids, backlit and adhesive backed media was used in the design of the “Surf N’ Crab” Application Zone. A touchpad kiosk is available to provide the techniques used for each application. A few examples include:
- Located behind the bar, the back wall is a colorful media mosaic featuring individual vibrant images output on different media including Duratex Wall Fabric, Duratex Coroplastic, Duratex Alumaboard, Palram Palsun, plus more printed on the Jeti Titan HS.
- The bamboo designs on the front of the bar are made of foamed PVC direct printed with the Anapurna M2540 FB. The Epson SureColor S50 produced the “tiki god” mask columns and carvings wrapped in 3M IJ40 satin laminate 8520.
- The surf board hightop wooden tables with Polynesian tiki imagery were printed directly on the Titan HS.
- A brilliant, tropical 4×8 seafood menu was printed on Duratex Rigid Backlit Film output from the newest Anapurna M2500i.
Agfa Graphics solutions will be in booth #2019 at SGIA 2014, being held from October 22-24 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. For more information, click here.
611 River Drive, Center 3
07407 Elmwood Park (NJ)
Group M Inc.