(PRESS RELEASE) GENEVA, 22-Dec-2022 — /EuropaWire/ — SGS, the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company, has announced that its facility in Hadımköy (Istanbul) earned the Authorized Consignor status from the Turkish Ministry of Customs and Trade. The newly earned status will enable the company to offer the following services at its Hadımköy facility:
- Inspections of goods and vehicles
- Weighing of vehicles
- Sealing of vehicles
- Preparation and release of transit declarations
Upon completion of the Authorized Consignor procedure, trucks can proceed directly to the point of destination without additional stops, speeding up the export process and reducing the potential for delays.
Transporters using SGS’s Authorized Consignor service benefit in a number of ways:
- Trucks do not have to visit the Turkish internal customs office prior to departure
- Long delays at internal customs offices are avoided
- There are no additional charges for formalities at the customs office of departure, such as registration, overtime, weighbridge fees, customs agent fees, etc.
- There is a reduced need for transporters to ask questions such as:
- Has my Transit Declaration been prepared?
- Has my vehicle been inspected?
- Has it been sealed?
- Has it been cleared at customs?
- Transporters can be confident that vehicles can travel directly to the destination country’s customs office with all pre-export requirements having been completed
Our Hadımköy facility is conveniently located at Istanbul’s primary point of departure for exported goods, very close to the Muratbey customs office. It is kilometers from both the North Marmara and TEM highways, making it easily accessible from all directions.
We are now looking expand our range of services at the Hadımköy site with the addition of storage facilities. These will allow goods to be stored onsite, with handling, consolidation and loading services being made available on the day of shipment. We plan to extend these valuable services to other locations in Turkey in the near future.
For more information, please contact:
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 96,000 employees operate a network of 2,700 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
SOURCE: Société Générale de Surveillance SA