- Bentayga receives top honours from leading luxury title
- Crewe-built SUV combines speed, performance and craftsmanship
- Creation of new ultra-luxury segment recognized by Robb Report
CREWE, 03-Jun-2016 — /EuropaWire/ — Bentley Motors is today announcing that the new Bentayga has been named SUV of the Year by Robb Report.
As part of its annual Best of the Best Awards, Robb Report unveiled its list of hotly anticipated products among the luxury sector, with the Bentayga taking top honours in the guide to the world’s finest automobiles.
“This outstanding acknowledgement from Robb Report is a testament to the continued momentum of the Bentayga,” said Michael Winkler, President and CEO of Bentley Motors Inc. “The Bentayga has created a new category of SUV that redefines the luxury category and offers a breadth of performance, design and technological abilities. This go-anywhere vehicle is changing what it means to drive an SUV.”
In high demand since launch, the Bentayga has attracted new customers to the Bentley brand from around the world, offering a true Bentley driving experience and showcasing technological innovation, luxury features and a powerful all-new W12 engine.
Robb Report’s editor-in-chief, Brett Anderson, added: “Choosing among the most exceptional products, services, designs, and destinations to be found anywhere in the world is certainly no mean task for the editorial staff. The process began a year ago, and in the end our final decisions are guided not only by our obsessive passion for absolute quality – that’s a given – but also by the people, places and creations that speak to our imaginations in a language uniquely their own.”
Robb Report’s Best of the Best issue can be found at robbreport.com/bestofthebest.
– ENDS –
Notes to editors
- Bentley Motors is the most sought after luxury car brand in the world. The company’s headquarters in Crewe is home to all of its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production of the company’s four model lines, Bentayga, Continental, Flying Spur and Mulsanne. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury car brands such as Bentley. It is also an example of high-value British manufacturing at its best. Bentley employs around 4,000 people at Crewe.
About Robb Report
- Celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2016, Robb Report is the authoritative voice in the global luxury market. Widely regarded as the single most influential journal of living life to the fullest, Robb Report covers the newest in what matters most to its discerning and exceptionally affluent audience, including luxury automobiles, aircraft, fine dining, travel, timepieces and fine jewelry, style and design, arts and culture, spirits, and cigars. For more information, visit the Robb Report website at RobbReport.com and connect with us on Twitter (@robbreport), Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.
Chief Communications Officer –
+1 (571) 471-9027
Communications Manager –
+1 (248) 613-7438
Bentley Motors Ltd