- Porsche Taycan available with Continental summer, winter and all-season tires
- Original equipment approvals for PremiumContact 6, WinterContact TS 860 S and ProContact RX tires
- Continental Supplies Tires for Six of the Ten Most Successful Manufacturers of Electric Vehicles
(PRESS RELEASE) HANOVER, 24-Sep-2021 — /EuropaWire/ — Continental (ETR: CON), a German multinational automotive parts manufacturing company, has announced that Porsche, a German automobile manufacturer specializing in high-performance sports cars, SUVs and sedans, will rely on its premium tires as part of the Taycan’s original equipment.
Continental’s PremiumContact 6 summer tires, ProContact RX all-season tires, and WinterContact TS 860 S winter tires are approved – all with XL markings for increased load force. The PremiumContact 6, ADAC test champion in the 2021 major summer tire test, was specially developed for sporty and comfortable driving, and offers not only short braking distances, but also special cornering stability even at high speeds. The ProContact RX is an all-season touring tire with particular focus on traction and brake performance on dry and wet road surfaces. The WinterContact TS 860 S combines reliable performance in snow with good steering precision for outstanding dry handling.
“In electromobility, the lowest possible rolling resistance, low noise emissions and a high load-bearing capacity of the tire play an important role. In original equipment, of course, great importance is also attached to the tire’s handling characteristics, as these have a significant impact on the vehicle’s driving behavior. The Porsche Taycan is a good example of high-performance electric vehicles with high driving pleasure. In these vehicles, safety-relevant properties at high speeds and a perfect match of the tire to the vehicle are the focus of tire design,” says Dr. Holger Lange, head of tire development for Continental’s original equipment business.
Approval for the Porsche Taycan underscores Continental’s strong position in the segment of tires for all-electric vehicles. In 2020, six of the ten highest-volume manufacturers of electric vehicles worldwide trusted in Continental’s high-level technological expertise for their tire original equipment.
Products and sizes approved for the Porsche Taycan
- PremiumContact 6, 225/55 R 19 XL
- PremiumContact 6, 275/45 R 19 XL
- ProContact RX, 225/55 R 19 XL
- ProContact RX, 275/45 R 19 XL
- ProContact RX, 245/45 R 20 XL
- ProContact RX, 285/40 R 20 XL
- ProContact RX, 265/35 R 21 XL
- ProContact RX, 305/30 R 21 XL
- WinterContact TS 860 S, 225/55 R 19 XL
- WinterContact TS 860 S, 275/45 R 19 XL
Head of External Communications
+49 511 938-21810
SOURCE: Continental AG