- Tenth RQFII ETF to list on London Stock Exchange
- ICBC Credit Suisse Asset Management (International) Company Limited becomes seventh Chinese ETF issuer on London Stock Exchange
- ETF launched in partnership with WisdomTree
- Further cements LSEG’s position as partner of choice for Chinese issuers accessing European capital
LONDON, 01-Aug-2016 — /EuropaWire/ — London Stock Exchange today welcomes a new China-focused ETF from ICBC Credit Suisse Asset Management (International) Company Limited (“ICBCCS”). The ICBCCS WisdomTree S&P China 500 UCITS ETF is the tenth RQFII ETF to list on London Stock Exchange and the third RQFII product to launch in 2016.
ICBCCS becomes the seventh Chinese firm to issue an ETF on London Stock Exchange, further strengthening LSEG’s position as the partner of choice for Chinese issuers looking to access European and international capital.
To mark the launch of the ETF, London Stock Exchange today welcomed Richard Tang, Chief Executive Officer, ICBCCS to open trading in London.
Pietro Poletto, Head of ETF and Fixed Income Markets, London Stock Exchange Group said:
“London is the world’s most international financial market and has established itself as the leading offshore centre for RMB-denominated products. Chinese issuers are increasingly looking to access European investors and today’s listing is the tenth RQFII ETF listed on London Stock Exchange and the third already this year. We are delighted ICBCCS has chosen to list this product in London and look forward to work with them as we continue to strengthen our ties with Chinese issuers”.
Richard Tang, Chief Executive Officer, ICBCCS said:
“We are proud to announce the listing of the first ETF that tracks the S&P China 500 Index. The ETF combines exposure to both onshore and offshore China equity share classes which offers investor a diversified and transparent tool to access the broad China market efficiently. With access to the exposures of the top 500 Chinese corporations listed across multiple markets, we are delighted to launch this flagship China ETF in London.”
The ETF listing comes as London has established itself as the leading offshore venue for RMB-denominated product issuance. The last year alone has seen important milestones reached in developing the China-London relationship including:
- First Chinese sovereign RMB bond issued outside of China listed on London Stock Exchange
- People’s Bank of China issued RMB 5 billion of short-term central bank notes in London – the first time it has done so outside China
- Agricultural Bank of China listed $1billion dual currency green bonds in London, including a 600 million RMB-denominated tranche. This was the first international green bond issuance by a Chinese bank
- China’s four major banks and China Development Bank have all listed bonds on London Stock Exchange
- Year to date, London Stock Exchange has seen 54 RMB bonds be issued on its markets, of 80 issued worldwide. These come from a wide range of issuers in terms of geography as well as international institutions and sovereigns
- London Stock Exchange has 10 RQFII ETFs providing direct exposure to Chinese A-share equities and fixed income markets, more than any other European platform. In addition, a further 9 ETFs offer direct exposure to China
- Three RQFII ETFs listed in 2016: ICBCCS WisdomTree S&P China 500 UCITS ETF, Fullgoal FTSE China Onshore Bank Bond ETF and the db X-trackers Harvest FTSE China AH 50 ETF
The ICBCCS WisdomTree S&P China 500 UCITS ETF trades on London Stock Exchange in USD and GBP.
– Ends –
For further information:
|Ed Clark||+44 (0)20 7797 1222
Notes to editors:
About London Stock Exchange Group:
London Stock Exchange Group (LSE.L) is an international markets infrastructure business. Its diversified global business focuses on capital formation, intellectual property and risk and balance sheet management. LSEG operates an open access model, offering choice and partnership to customers across all of its businesses. The Group can trace its history back to 1698.
The Group operates a broad range of international equity, ETF, bond and derivatives markets, including London Stock Exchange; Borsa Italiana; MTS (Europe’s leading fixed income market); and Turquoise (a pan-European equities MTF). Through its platforms, LSEG offers market participants, including retail investors, institutions and SMEs unrivalled access to Europe’s capital markets. The Group also plays a vital economic and social role, enabling companies to access funds for growth and development.
Through FTSE Russell, the Group is a global leader in financial indexing, benchmarking and analytic services with approximately $10 trillion benchmarked to its indexes. The Group also provides customers with an extensive range of real time and reference data products, including SEDOL, UnaVista, XTF and RNS.
Post trade and risk management services are a significant part of the Group’s business operations. In addition to majority ownership of LCH, a multi-asset global CCP operator, LSEG owns CC&G, the Italian clearing house; Monte Titoli, a leading European custody and settlement business; and globeSettle, the Group’s CSD based in Luxembourg.
LSEG is a leading developer and operator of high performance technology solutions, including trading, market surveillance and post trade systems for over 40 organisations and exchanges, including the Group’s own markets. Additional services include network connectivity, hosting and quality assurance testing. MillenniumIT, GATElab and Exactpro are among the Group’s technology companies.
Headquartered in the United Kingdom, with significant operations in North America, Italy, France and Sri Lanka, the Group employs approximately 3,500 people.
Further information on London Stock Exchange Group can be found at www.lseg.com