Coventry, 1-4-2015 — /EuropaWire/ — Jaguar Land Rover, the UK’s leading manufacturer of premium luxury vehicles, is to transition its global strategic and creative account for the Land Rover brand to Spark44, the joint venture agency owned 50:50 by Spark44 management and Jaguar Land Rover. This consolidates marketing communications for both Land Rover and Jaguar brands into Spark44.
Anthony Bradbury, Global Marketing Communications Director for Jaguar Land Rover said: “Extending our innovative Spark44 agency model to the Land Rover brand will maximise global marketing effectiveness and efficiency, enhancing consistency of approach and quality worldwide as we build on the tremendous momentum that both Jaguar and Land Rover brands have in the marketplace today. This single marketing agency strategy perfectly aligns with our Jaguar Land Rover global organisational and retail structure and will be essential to building the next generation of distinct brand marketing communications in support of our global growth. We are excited to further develop our relationship with the global Spark44 team on both the Jaguar and Land Rover brands.”
Spark44 was created in 2011 to kick off the transformation of the modern Jaguar brand. Most notably, delivering the integrated global advertising and marketing campaign “British Villains – it’s good to be bad” featuring Sir Ben Kingsley. Earlier in 2015, Jaguar took the decision to add its social media account to Spark44.
Steve Woolford, CEO of Spark44 said: “We have been on a transformational journey with the Jaguar brand, from the launch of the F-TYPE and now the XE: we feel we are part of making automotive history. It is now an equal honour and challenge to also work on the highly successful Land Rover brand as it takes its next steps building out its Range Rover, Discovery and Defender families of vehicles. The Jaguar and Land Rover brands are two of the most distinct and beloved brands in the world, and the entire Spark44 Team is energised by the challenges and opportunities they each have in the global marketplace.”
Reflecting on the successful work with Land Rover’s current agencies, Anthony Bradbury said: “This is a long-term strategic decision and is not a reflection on the performance of the incumbent agencies. We are proud of our award-winning work with them, and would like to acknowledge and thank them for their work to date for the Land Rover brand.”
Notes to editors:
- Spark44 is the global lead, strategic creative agency for the Jaguar brand and is responsible for creating Jaguar brand content and global delivery across all media channels.
- Founded in June 2011, and a unique business model proposition: Spark44 is a joint venture agency owned 50:50 by Spark44 management and Jaguar Land Rover.
- Spark44 currently has over 275 employees and wholly-owned offices in Birmingham, Frankfurt, London, Los Angeles, Shanghai and Sydney.
- Global creative communications for the Land Rover brand are currently coordinated through:
- Y&R (advertising)
- Ogilvy (digital UX and website design)
- Wunderman (CRM)
- Cogent Elliott (brochure and website delivery)
- Media planning and buying is unaffected and will remain with Mindshare across both brands. Redwood (OneLife customer magazine) and The Brooklyn Brothers (social media content) are also unaffected by the move.
- Both Jaguar and Land Rover brands are expanding their product line-ups, with 50 major new and model-year upgrade product launches planned for the next five years.
For more information on Jaguar Land Rover contact:
For more information on Spark44 contact: