- MAHLE presents Supplier Awards in six categories
- Seven award winners recognized for their outstanding achievements
- Award ceremony held during inaugural MAHLE Supplier Convention
STUTTGART, 16-Oct-2017 — /EuropaWire/ — MAHLE honored its best suppliers during its first Supplier Convention on October 12. Seven award winners were recognized for their outstanding achievements in six categories. MAHLE CEO Wolf-Henning Scheider presented the awards to the winners, together with his Management Board colleagues, Bernd Eckl, Wilhelm Emperhoff, and Dr. Jörg Stratmann. The 120 international suppliers in attendance at the inaugural MAHLE Supplier Convention gained a number of key insights into MAHLE and the company’s prospects for the future.
MAHLE presented the awards to its suppliers in six categories: Quality, Logistics, Global Cooperation, Performance, Innovation, and Project Management. “We are honoring our suppliers who set themselves apart through their consistently outstanding achievement. With many of them, we have enjoyed a close and trusting partnership for a long time. Thanks in large part to their work, MAHLE in turn is able to deliver excellent products to its customers,” said Wolf-Henning Scheider during the event.
The following companies were delighted to receive a MAHLE Supplier Award:
- Ravago Group received the Logistic Excellence Award. Thanks to optimized delivery chains, this supplier achieved dramatic reductions in warehousing and delivery times for its polymer products, from several days down to delivery within just a few hours. That means faster and improved production flows for MAHLE.
- The Quality Excellence Award went to Huafon. The company based in China earned honors not only as a result of the consistently high quality of its products, but also for its ability to respond flexibly to customer requirements during production peaks.
- For its project management, MAHLE recognized Samu Dies with the Project Management Award. The Korean manufacturer of injection molds achieved impressive results through excellent project management, while also providing an agile, flexible response to project changes under adverse conditions.
- The winner of the Innovation Award was the Japanese company Kokoku Intech. MAHLE conferred the award in recognition of the company’s outstanding innovative drive: Kokoku Intech developed an innovative, lower-cost material that replaces the one used previously, while fulfilling all technical specifications and quality requirements.
- The recipient of the Performance Award was the Swiss company Jansen, which manufactures precision steel tubes, among other products, and supplies all MAHLE regions worldwide. Jansen distinguished itself through a deep understanding of MAHLE’s requirements and above-par flexibility in supplying its goods for production startups and series production.
- There were two joint winners in the Global Cooperation Award category: UACJ, a Japanese supplier of extruded aluminum sections with production locations on several continents, and SJCMM, a manufacturer of die-cast parts, turned parts, and forged blanks. Both companies boast impressive records of consistently outstanding achievement and have successfully participated as project partners in numerous MAHLE projects around the world.
Wilhelm Emperhoff, Member of the Management Board and responsible for global purchasing, among other things, provided an upbeat assessment of the event: “Especially because of the massive change in our sector with substantially shorter development cycles in some cases, we are pleased to have a good partnership with our suppliers. This partnership is characterized by a high degree of innovative strength and the utmost quality awareness. Our Top Supplier Convention reflected exactly that.”
MAHLE is a leading international development partner and supplier to the automotive industry as well as a pioneer for the mobility of the future. The MAHLE Group is committed to making transportation more efficient, more environmentally friendly, and more comfortable by continuously optimizing the combustion engine, driving forward the use of alternative fuels, and laying the foundation for the worldwide introduction of e-mobility. The group’s product portfolio addresses all the crucial issues relating to the powertrain and air conditioning technology—both for drives with combustion engines and for e-mobility. MAHLE products are fitted in at least every second vehicle worldwide. Components and systems from MAHLE are also used off the road—in stationary applications, for mobile machinery, rail transport, as well as marine applications.
In 2016, the group generated sales of approximately EUR 12.3 billion with about 77,000 employees and is represented in 34 countries with 170 production locations. At 16 major development centers in Germany, Great Britain, Luxembourg, Spain, Slovenia, the USA, Brazil, Japan, China, and India, 6,000 development engineers and technicians are working on innovative solutions for the mobility of the future.
SOURCE: MAHLE GmbH
For further information, contact:
Corporate Communications/Public Relations
Phone: +49 711 501-12199
Fax: +49 711 501-13700