PARIS, 01-Sep-2016 — /EuropaWire/ — Altran has announced today the closing of the acquisitions of both US companies Synapse and Lohika, signed in June and July 2016 respectively, so in a tight schedule over the summer period.
These strategic acquisitions are fully aligned with Altran 2020. Ignition strategic plan:
- The acquisition of Synapse allows the Group to accelerate the growth of Cambridge Consultants, which targets a global workforce of over 1,000 innovative product development specialists;
- With the integration of Lohika, the Group takes a new step towards positioning Altran as a leader in software engineering and R&D in North America;
- The United States is now the second largest business area for Altran, in line with the Group’s objective of achieving €500m in revenues by 2020.
These transactions specifically allow Altran to:
- Extend its geographical footprint on the US West Coast, with Synapse being based in Seattle (Washington) and San Francisco (California), and Lohika in San Bruno (California);
- Access to a client base composed of the leaders in Silicon Valley’s high-tech ecosystem;
- Develop its Industrialized GlobalShore© network, thanks to the integrated model of Lohika and its offshore delivery centers in Ukraine and Romania;
- Strenghten its expertise in innovative product development through Synapse’s technology experience;
- Reinforce its solutions portfolio in the development of software products thanks to Lohika’s superior skills in Mobile, Big data and Cloud.
These combined capabilities will be offered to the Group’s clients in its various sectors and geographies, improving Altran’s overall global value proposition.
As a global leader in Engineering and R&D services (ER&D), Altran offers its clients a new way to innovate by developing the products and services of tomorrow. Altran works alongside its clients on every link in the value chain of their project, from conception to industrialization. For over thirty years, the Group has provided its expertise to key players in the Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Energy, Finance, Life Sciences, Railway, and Telecoms sectors, among others. In 2015, the Altran group generated revenues of €1.945bn. With a headcount of more than 26,000 employees, Altran has a presence in more than 20 countries. www.altran.com
Executive Vice-President and CFO
Tel: + 33 (0)1 46 41 71 89
Group Vice-President Communications
Tel: + 33 (0)1 46 41 71 73
Candice Baudet Depierre, directeur conseil
Tel : +33 (0)1 44 50 51 71
Anne Vernois, directeur associé
Tel : + 33 (0)1 44 50 51 75
Follow-us on Twitter: