Coventry, UK, 20-6-2013 — /europawire.eu/ — Jaguar Land Rover is appointing Wolfgang Stadler as its new Director of Manufacturing. In this role, Wolfgang will be responsible for Jaguar Land Rover’s global manufacturing operations and will report directly to Dr Ralf Speth, Chief Executive Officer.
Wolfgang will join the company from BMW Group where he has held the position of Senior Vice President, BMW Plant Dingolfing. Prior to this he has held a number of senior positions at BMW Group internationally, including Managing Director, BMW South Africa.
Commenting on the new appointment, Dr Ralf Speth said:”We look forward to welcoming Wolfgang to Jaguar Land Rover. He brings a wealth of experience at this exciting time when Jaguar Land Rover is restructuring and going for sustainable and profitable growth simultaneously.”
Wolfgang will replace Paul Cope who is retiring at the end of the year after 37 years at Jaguar Land Rover and Ford Motor Company.
Notes to editors:
- Jaguar Land Rover has ambitious plans for sustainable growth and profitability.
- Jaguar Land Rover has three advanced manufacturing facilities in the UK and is building its first state of the art advanced engine facility at i54 South Staffordshire Business Park investing more than £500m and creating almost 1,400 new jobs.
- Jaguar Land Rover will invest circa £2.75bn in its products and facilities in the financial year to March 2014.
- Jaguar Land Rover employs more than 25 000 people and sells vehicles in 177 countries around the world. More than 80% of our business is exported.
- Jaguar Land Rover has recruited over 9,000 people in the last two years.
- Jaguar Land Rover is the only UK automotive company to be rated Platinum in the Business in the Community Corporate Social Responsibility Index 2012.
For more information, please contact:
Ken McConomy, Head of Corporate Relations
M: +44 7714 725 236 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Palmer, Senior Communications Officer
M: +44 (0) 7555 540611 e: lpalmer1@jaguarlandrover