China has issued a first version of its national standard for Baby carriers– GB/T 35270-2017. The standard became effective on July 1, 2018.
GENEVA, 21-Aug-2018 — /EuropaWire/ — The National Technical Committee of Garments of the Standardization Administration of China has issued its product standard GB/T 35270-2017 for Baby carriers, which became effective on July 1, 2018. It is the first product standard for baby carriers. The new standard was included in No. 32 announcement in 2017 of newly approved national standards in the People’s Republic of China.
Definition for baby carriers
A baby carrier is a product, normally of sewn fabric and/or other attachment construction, which is designed for an infant aged 36 months or less and the carrier is normally “worn” by the caregiver.
These carriers are intended for children whose heads need to have certain support (approximately 4 months of age) and can be attached to adult’s torso vertically.
- The technical contents of this standard lists tests for:
- Appearance quality including requirements for total appearance, shell, sewing thread, sewn and attachment.
- Material tests include requirements for textile fabrics, filling material and attachments
- Textile fabrics requirements for formaldehyde content, pH value, odor, banned azo colorants, colorfastness (water, perspiration, rubbing, saliva, light, light of textiles wetted with artificial perspiration), total content of heavy metal, migration of certain elements and phthalate content.
- Filling materials requirements for formaldehyde content, pH value, odor and general technical requirements for products with filling materials (China compulsory standard: GB18383).
- Attachment requirements for connector clip, phthalate content of plastic and attachment which may touch infant’s teeth.
- Construction requirements for leg openings, hazardous sharp points and edges, small parts, infant restraint system, adult attachment system and dynamic load.
- Flammability of total product requirements for the rate of the spread of flame, judgement and marking.
- A needle detection process must be performed before delivery and the finished products shall not contain sharp items such as residual metal needles.
- Instruction for use includes more information, especially warnings messages.
Details of the technical content
For more information, please refer to the China Industry Standard GB/T 35270-2017<Baby carriers> or contact SGS directly.
SGS Global Softlines has an extensive network of over 40 laboratories worldwide, with a strong team of committed professionals from multi-disciplinary backgrounds. Our internationally accredited state-of-the-art testing laboratories offer a comprehensive range of physical, chemical and functional testing services for components, materials and finished products. We help your company ensure quality, performance and compliance with international, industrial and regulatory standards worldwide. Discover more at www.sgs.com/softlines.
For enquiries, please contact:
US & Canada Softlines Business Head
t: +1 973 461 7919
Stay on top of regulatory changes within your industry: subscribe to SafeGuardS!
Read more articles for the Consumer Goods and Retail industry
© SGS Group Management SA – 2017 – All rights reserved – SGS is a registered trademark of SGS Group Management SA. This is a publication of SGS, except for 3rd parties’ contents submitted or licensed for use by SGS. SGS neither endorses nor disapproves said 3rd parties contents. This publication is intended to provide technical information and shall not be considered an exhaustive treatment of any subject treated. It is strictly educational and does not replace any legal requirements or applicable regulations. It is not intended to constitute consulting or professional advice. The information contained herein is provided “as is” and SGS does not warrant that it will be error-free or will meet any particular criteria of performance or quality. Do not quote or refer any information herein without SGS’s prior written consent.
SOURCE: SGS SA