LONDON, 24-4-2015 — /EuropaWire/ — Aviva plc (“Aviva”) announces the appointment of Sarah Ward as Group HR Director reporting to Mark Wilson, Aviva’s Group Chief Executive Officer. Sarah will be replacing Aviva’s current Group HR Director, Christine Deputy, who has decided to return to the US for family reasons.
Sarah was previously Global Head of HR for a division at Thomson Reuters Corporation.
Sarah will be joining the group in August 2015. She will be responsible for the continuation of Aviva’s HR strategic plan and the leadership of the HR and Communications teams at Aviva.
Mark Wilson, Group Chief Executive Officer, said:
“Whilst I am sad to see Christine leaving Aviva, I am very supportive of her decision and she leaves with my thanks and best wishes. Christine has been a critical part of our cultural and business transformation over the past two and a half years. She has been a key partner and adviser to me as we have established a world class senior leadership team. I would also like to thank her for the notice she has given Aviva as it has allowed us time to appoint a successor and have a seamless transition.
“Sarah is an exceptional HR professional who has worked across a variety of industries, countries and cultures. She combines great operational and strategic HR skills which will be an asset to Aviva during the next phase of our strategic transformation.”
Christine Deputy said: “I have truly enjoyed my time at Aviva and will miss Mark, the leadership team and all of the employees. This is a special company with an incredible future ahead. The commitment to the values and strategy is strong from the most senior leaders through to the front line. I am confident in the future of the business and cultural transformation and I will continue to support the group however possible. Sarah will be a great addition to the leadership team.”
Sarah Ward said: “I am excited to be joining Aviva at such an important time. Under Christine’s leadership the Human Resources and Communications functions have played a major role enabling the strategy of the business through people. I am looking forward to working with the teams, as we continue to deliver on the People Thesis and enable a culture which supports our employees to deliver for our customers around the world.”
– Ends –
Nigel Prideaux +44 (0)20 7662 0215
Sarah Swailes +44 (0)20 7662 6700
Colin Simpson +44 (0)20 7662 8115
David Elliot +44 (0)20 7662 8048
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 34* million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £245 billion in assets.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £24.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2014.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media center at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
* Before the deduction of overlapping Aviva and Friends Life customers.