DERBY, 26-Apr-2017 — /EuropaWire/ — Rolls-Royce has won a $300m order from Lion Group for Rolls-Royce Trent 700 engines to power three new Airbus A330 aircraft, supported by Rolls-Royce’s flagship engine service, TotalCare®.
The Lion Group already operates three of the aircraft, all powered by the Trent 700 engine.
Edward Sirait, CEO, Lion Group, said: “These aircraft are an exciting addition to our widebody fleet, allowing us to deliver new routes for our customers. We have already seen the economic advantages of the Trent 700 and TotalCare service with our in-service aircraft and we are very pleased to continue with this combination for our new aircraft.”
Ewen McDonald, Rolls-Royce, Senior Vice President, Customers – Civil Aerospace, said: “Lion Group is a valued customer and we are delighted to support its growth plans for the future. We are proud of the success of the Trent 700 which has proven itself to be the engine of choice for A330 customers, with excellent efficiency and lower emissions.”
The Trent 700 delivers the best fuel burn, emissions and noise performance, resulting in market leadership on the aircraft. The engine has won more than 70 per cent of new orders over the last four years and accounts for a similar percentage on future A330 deliveries. More than 1,600 Trent 700s are now in service or on firm order.
TotalCare is the premium Rolls-Royce engine service, where the business models of the aircraft owner and Rolls-Royce are fully aligned to improve engine reliability, increase time on wing, and maximise the engine service’s contribution to customer business performance.
About Lion Air Group
A group of airlines headquartered in Indonesia and comprising the following brands: Lion Air, Wings, Batik Air, Malindo Air, Thai Lion Air and Lion Bizjet. The group has the largest market share in Indonesia. Lion Air took to the skies from Indonesia in 2000 with one aircraft in its fleet and now operates a fleet of 284 aircraft across the group. It is the launch customer of the Boeing 737-900ER (Extended Range) and will also be the first to fly the Boeing 737 MAX 8 and is the launch customer of Boeing 737 MAX 9.
About Rolls-Royce Holdings plc
- The order announced today will result in an increase in the Group’s order book of $200m, in accordance with Group accounting policy.
- Rolls-Royce’s vision is to be the market-leader in high performance power systems where our engineering expertise, global reach and deep industry knowledge deliver outstanding customer relationships and solutions. We operate across five businesses: Civil Aerospace, Defence Aerospace, Marine, Nuclear and Power Systems.
- Rolls-Royce has customers in more than 150 countries, comprising more than 400 airlines and leasing customers, 160 armed forces, 4,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and more than 5,000 power and nuclear customers.
- We have three common themes across all our businesses:
- Investing in and developing engineering excellence
- Driving a manufacturing and supply chain transformation which will embed operational excellence in lean, lower-cost facilities and processes
- Leveraging our installed base, product knowledge and engineering capabilities to provide customers with outstanding service through which we can capture aftermarket value long into the future.
- Annual underlying revenue was £13.8 billion in 2016, around half of which came from the provision of aftermarket services. The firm and announced order book stood at £80 billion at the end of 2016.
- In 2016, Rolls-Royce invested £1.3 billion on research and development. We also support a global network of 31 University Technology Centres, which position Rolls-Royce engineers at the forefront of scientific research.
- Rolls-Royce employs almost 50,000 people in 50 countries. More than 16,500 of these are engineers.
- The Group has a strong commitment to apprentice and graduate recruitment and to further developing employee skills. In 2016 we recruited 274 graduates and 327 apprentices through our worldwide training programmes.
SOURCE: Rolls-Royce plc
Tel: +44 (0)2072279163
Mobile: +44 (0)7974918416