04-9-2013 — /EuropaWire/ — Rolls-Royce today confirms that it has completed the sale of its 50 per cent shareholding and interest in the RTM322 helicopter engine programme to Turbomeca (a Safran company), for which it has received a cash consideration of €293 million.
Turbomeca now assumes full responsibility for managing the design, production and support of the RTM322 engine, which powers the Apache, EH101 Merlin and NH90 helicopters. Rolls-Royce will progressively transfer its operational responsibilities in the engine programme to Turbomeca over a multi-year period.
During this transfer period Rolls-Royce will provide full assistance to Turbomeca to ensure all RTM322 customers continue to receive effective support.
The RRTM Adour engine programme, which powers the Hawk and Jaguar aircraft, is unaffected by this sale, as are the other helicopter engine programmes in theRolls-Royce portfolio.
- Rolls-Royce is a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, and has established a strong position in global markets – civil aerospace, defence aerospace, marine and energy.
- As a result of this strategy, Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising more than 300 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 4,000 marine customers, including 70 navies, and energy customers in more than 80 countries.
- Annual underlying revenue was £12.2 billion in 2012, of which more than half came from the provision of services. The firm and announced order book stood at £69.2 billion at 30 June 2013, providing visibility of future levels of activity.
- Rolls-Royce employs over 45,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in over 50 countries. Over 14,000 of these employees are engineers.
- In 2012, Rolls-Royce invested £919 million on research and development, two thirds of which had the objective of further improving the environmental performance of its products, in particular reducing emissions.
- Rolls-Royce supports a global network of 28 University Technology Centres, which connect the company’s engineers with the forefront of scientific research.
- The Group has a strong commitment to apprentice and graduate recruitment and to further developing employee skills.
Director of Communications
Tel +44 (0)20 7227 9163
Mobile +44 (0)7972 001297
Tel +44 (0)20 7227 9140
Mobile +44 (0)7824 607328