- Company expands offering in Obstetrics and Gynecology Ultrasound (OB/GYN) with innovations that are designed to support earlier, easier and more confident diagnosis
- New anatomical intelligence, fingertip control and enhanced imaging versatility features for Philips’ EPIQ and Affiniti ultrasound systems offer clinicians optimized workflow and more information to evaluate pregnancies
Amsterdam, the Netherlands and Vienna, Austria, 19-Sep-2017 — /EuropaWire/ — Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA), a global leader in health technology, today announced new OB/GYN innovations, aBiometry AssistA.I, TouchVue and Tilt , as well as the eL18-4 transducer  available on Philips EPIQ 7 and 5 and Affiniti 70 ultrasound systems. Showcased at the 27th World Congress on Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG), Philips’ OB/GYN ultrasound solutions are designed to give clinicians more information earlier in pregnancy, making it easier to provide a confident diagnosis and overcome diagnostic challenges. They feature innovations such as anatomical intelligence, fingertip control and enhanced imaging versatility. Philips will also debut its new InnoSight touch-screen based diagnostic compact ultrasound, which offers exceptional image quality and performance.
“At Philips, we are committed to meeting the unique and growing needs of OB/GYNs and their patients through innovation,” said Vitor Rocha, Business Leader Ultrasound at Philips. “Deeper levels of definition and clarity enable early, evidence-based decisions, and our solutions with ergonomic tools help to further optimize workflow to provide clinicians more time with patients. Our ultrasound solutions are designed for life, giving clinicians diagnostic confidence and their patients’ peace of mind.”
“Philips’ latest OB/GYN ultrasound offerings provide clinicians with the tools to deliver diagnostic confidence needed to deliver the best care for patients,” said Dr. Michael Ruma, maternal-fetal medicine specialist at Perinatal Associates of New Mexico. “The beginning of a new life is a special time, and Philips’ solutions allow clinicians to focus on the needs of each expecting mother.”
Solutions today and tomorrow
Philips will showcase its wide portfolio of OB/GYN ultrasound tools at ISUOG 2017, including the newly debuted:
- aBiometry AssistA.I., with its anatomical intelligence of fetal anatomy that preplaces measurement cursors on selected structures, it reduces conventional measurement steps to streamline fetal measurement and reporting workflow.
- TrueVue with TouchVue interface, utilizes the EPIQ touch panel allowing users to intuitively interact and direct both the volume rotation and internal light source, creating photorealistic 3D fetal images that allow deeper connection between the fetus and future parents.
- Tilt maximizes OB/GYN imaging versatility with a new 2D Tilt feature of the 3D9-v3 transducer allowing for lateral scanning of anatomical structures that are off-axis without having to manually angle the transducer to provide more comfort to the patient.
- The eL18-4 transducer features a multi-row array configuration for full electronic focusing of the elevation plan to provide imaging with exceptional detail resolution and tissue uniformity for clinical solutions including obstetrics.
- The new InnoSight diagnostic compact ultrasound system features an ergonomic, intuitive design and clinical versatility to meet the mobility needs across a wide range of applications.
These innovative features complement the existing suite of OB/GYN ultrasound visualization tools from Philips, which will also be on display: GlassVue transparent 3D visualization, with its internal light source, which provides an early, more transparent view of the fetal anatomy, aRevealA.I. Ultrasound (AIUS) 3D fetal face algorithm that automatically removes extraneous information to quickly and easily reveal the 3D fetal face, and MaxVue, which allows clinicians to experience ultrasound imaging in 16:9 Full High Definition (FHD).
A global leader in ultrasound
Philips is a leader in ultrasound solutions with a large global installed base and strong track record of industry-first innovations in areas such as real-time 3D imaging of the heart, quantification tools driven by Anatomical Intelligence, and ultra-mobile, portable ultrasound solutions. Philips’ ultrasound portfolio supports the effective and efficient delivery of care across a broad range of clinical specialties including radiology, cardiology, point-of-care and OB/GYN.
For more information on Philips’ OB/GYN ultrasound offerings, including, aBiometry AssistA.I., TouchVue and Tilt, visit http://philips.to/2qpPd7F. Stop by the Philips booth (#2) at ISUOG 2017, in Vienna, Austria, from September 16-19, to experience its latest advancements in OB/GYN ultrasound, and follow @PhilipsLiveFrom for updates throughout the congress.
 aBiometry AssistA.I, TouchVue and Tilt are 510(k) pending and not yet available in the USA
 The eL18-4 transducer is 510(k) pending and not yet available in the USA
About Royal Philips
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a leading health technology company focused on improving people’s health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands, the company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Philips’ health technology portfolio generated 2016 sales of EUR 17.4 billion and employs approximately 71,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter.
SOURCE: Koninklijke Philips N.V.
Philips Group Press Office
Tel: +1 412-523-9616
Tel: +1 206-920-8726