LEICESTERSHIRE, 11-8-2015 — /EuropaWire/ — Loughborough is holding an Open House on Saturday 15 August for students who’d like to find out more about the University as part of the Clearing and Adjustment process.
The event will run from 10am to 2pm, and will give students the opportunity to:
- Speak to members of staff about their chosen programme of study
- Meet current students and find out what gives Loughborough its award-winning student experience
- Find out more about placement opportunities as well as Loughborough graduates’ excellent career prospects
- Talk to staff about accommodation options on campus and in Loughborough itself
- Explore the University’s extensive campus including the range of sport facilities
For more information on what’s happening on the day, please have a look at our Open House website.
Notes for editors
Loughborough is one of the country’s leading universities, with an international reputation for research that matters, excellence in teaching, strong links with industry, and unrivalled achievement in sport and its underpinning academic disciplines.
It has been awarded five stars in the independent QS Stars university rating scheme, putting it among the best universities in the world, and was named University of the Year in the What Uni Student Choice Awards 2015. Loughborough is consistently ranked in the top twenty of UK universities in the Times Higher Education’s ‘table of tables’ and is in the top 10 in England for research intensity. It was 2nd in the 2015 THE Student Experience Survey and was named Sports University of the Year 2013-14 by The Times and Sunday Times. In recognition of its contribution to the sector, Loughborough has been awarded seven Queen’s Anniversary Prizes.
In 2015 the University will open an additional academic campus in London’s new innovation quarter. Loughborough University London, based on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, will offer postgraduate and executive-level education, as well as research and enterprise opportunities.
Public Relations Office
+44 (0)1509 222224
Email the PR Office