- Contego as a Service, a modular cloud content protection solution supporting DVB, IPTV and OTT as well as all major DRM technologies essential in a modern pay-TV operation.
- A new joint E2E multiscreen solution with middleware partner Mirada: Conax’ flexible multi-DRM back-end is now integrated with Mirada’s TV everywhere platform, combining broadcast and OTT services with premium consumer device options in one secure solution
- Showcasing 4K/UHD compliant end-to-end watermarking solutions combining market-leading watermarking technology and world-class forensic detection services from Kudelski Security
LAS VEGAS, 18-Apr-2016 — /EuropaWire/ — Conax, part of the Kudelski Group and a leader in total service protection for digital entertainment services worldwide via broadcast, broadband and connected devices, announced at NAB Show 2016, April 18th – 20th, Las Vegas, it will introduce its new Contego as a Service cloud-based content protection service. The new offering is based on the benchmark Conax Contego security platform. Hosted, monitored and maintained by Conax, the highly flexible and modular content security back-end provides operators with key benefits such as low upfront CAPEX investment, short time-to-market and easy activation of additional features as their platform grows. Further details will be available at NAB Show, Conax Stand #SU 4321.
“Outsourcing the content security to Conax will allow operators to focus on their core business; providing competitive, future-oriented consumer services, says Tom Jahr, EVP Products & Marketing. Conax’ highly modular, flexible content protection in the cloud will provide key operator business benefits such as premium scalability, easy integration of new advanced features and services, fast deployment and low investment in on-site hardware.”
“Additional Conax features at NAB Show include our partnership with middleware provider Mirada. We’ll be demonstrating the new joint offering featuring Mirada’s leading TV Everywhere platform and consumer device interface and Conax’ advanced content protection hub. Together we are enabling operators and broadcasters to launch customer offerings across a wide range of content, devices and distribution technologies.”
Showcases and demonstrations at NAB Show
• Featuring new joint E2E multiscreen solution with middleware partner Mirada: Conax’ flexible multi-DRM back-end is now integrated with Mirada’s TV everywhere platform, combining broadcast and OTT services with premium consumer device options in one secure solution
• Showcasing end-to-end secure 4K watermarking combining market-leading watermarking technology and world-class forensic detection services from Kudelski Security – all secured through leading Conax Contego content protection technology. The state-of-the-art solution enables operators to meet the MovieLabs Enhanced Content Protection requirements sanctioning access to high value 4K and Ultra HD content from Hollywood studios
• Multi award-winning Conax GO Live, the entry level end-to-end solution that dramatically reduces the complexity, time-to-market and barriers for an operator launching an OTT service.
• Conax Xtend Multiscreen, an advanced, cost-efficient, and pre-integrated solution, enabling any operator to easily add and profit from a multiscreen offering on STB and multiscreen devices.
Ultimate flexibility in Multi-DRM: Conax provides the ultimate flexibility in securing content across technologies and multiscreen devices – all based on a single unified security hub. With support for Common Encryption and MPEG DASH, Conax’ unique back-end simplifies content protection of TV everywhere services with market-leading DRM technologies (including Widevine, PlayReady, Widevine FairPlay and NAGRA PRM) without compromising usability for end users. Participants are invited to book a meeting to learn more.
For details on Conax solutions and feature demonstrations, stop by the Conax stand #SU 4321 at NAB Show or pre-book a meeting at email@example.com
– – –
A part of the Kudelski Group, Conax is a leading global specialist in total service protection for digital TV and entertainment services via broadcast, broadband and connected devices. The Conax Contego™ unified security hub provides telcos, cable, satellite, IP, mobile, terrestrial and broadband operations with an innovative portfolio of flexible and cost-efficient solutions to deliver premium content securely. Conax’ future-ready technology offers modular, fast-time-to-market solutions that enable easy entry into a world of secure multiscreen, multi-DRM content delivery and secures rights for premium content delivery to a range of devices over new hybrid network combinations. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, ISO 9001 & 27001 certified Conax technology enables secure content revenues for 400 operators in 85 countries globally. For more information, please visit www.conax.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn to join in the conversation.
Conax media contact
Head of Public Relations & Communications, Conax
Mob: +47 41 45 80 43