LONDON, 4-1-2016 — /EuropaWire/ — EY has awarded US$1m to the winners of its new global recognition program, Better begins with you, which recognizes EY people who have found inspiring and impactful ways to bring EY’s purpose – building a better working world – to life.
Uniquely for a program of this sort, the recognition is just the start. Five winners in four categories will receive US$1m between them to further develop the initiatives they are being recognized for, allowing them to have an even greater impact and continue to further EY’s purpose through the work they do.
Mark Weinberger, EY’s Global Chairman and CEO, says:
“I am delighted by the way our purpose is resonating with our people and stakeholders around the world. This new program has enabled us to recognize further the spectacular things our people are doing every day to create a better working world for our clients and communities.”
Of the five winners, there are two winners of the “Driving exceptional client service” category, who will split the US$250,000 investment.
- Driving exceptional client service: P&G client team, US for delivering exceptional service that led to EY being one of seven winners of P&G’s External Business Partner of the Year Awards for 2014.
- EY Projects team at the Bundesagentur für Arbeit (Germany’s Federal Employment Agency), Germany for bringing together EY’s capabilities, to help this federal agency become one of the most modern and innovative public administrations in Germany.
- Developing outstanding leaders and teams: Jonathan Zhao, Asia-Pacific Financial Services, Hong Kong for having the vision and exceptional ability to build an Asia-wide Actuarial and Insurance Risk team of more than 200 people from diverse backgrounds, in just ten years.
- Strengthening our communities: EY Poland Employees’ Foundation team, for providing foster children’s legal guardians in Poland with assistance, ranging from financial to psychological support.
- Pursuing innovation: Melissa Edwards, Advisory, US for leading EY’s adoption ofThinkTank, a digital tool that helps to differentiate EY’s approach to digital collaboration and decision making.
Nancy Altobello, EY Global Vice Chair, Talent, says:
“The 2015 winners are exceptional examples of EY people who are building a better working world for our clients, people and communities. This is only the start. The money we are investing will help them build on their achievements, allowing their work to benefit more people and create a lasting legacy.
“Not only are the prize and scope of the awards unique, but the Better begins with youprogram embeds our purpose at the heart of our organization by involving all EY people in nominating and selecting the finalists and deciding on the overall winners. This means that sharing inspiring stories of success, achievement and change are now becoming a more visible part of our organization’s culture.”
More than 75 Better begins with you finalists from across EY met in London on 10 December for a memorable “legacy-builders” reward day, incorporating an inspirational Olympic-themed daytime event involving Olympic gold medalists Sir Chris Hoy and Denise Lewis, and an evening celebration at the Landmark Hotel where the five winners were announced.
Notes to Editors
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by EYGM Limited, a member of the global EY organization that also does not provide any services to clients.
EY Global Media Relations
+44 (0) 207 980 0812
SOURCE: Ernst & Young Global Limited