Cecilia Malmström — EU Commissioner for Home Affairs
Conference – “Fight against illicit trafficking in firearms. Where do we stand”
Brussels, 21-11-2012 — /europawire.eu/ — I am delighted to welcome you all to our conference on the fight against illicit trafficking in firearms, in the EU and beyond.
We have in the room today some of the leading experts on the topic – from law enforcement, industry, policy makers, and from civil society.
For you, it will not come as a surprise that the Commission puts focus on this issue by organising this conference. Still, it is worth recalling that despite repeated political declarations, at international and EU level, calling for ‘less guns’ and ‘more security’ over the last decade; despite the adoption of new legal frameworks restricting legal access to the most dangerous types of firearms, and strengthening the fight against trafficking in illicit firearms, and despite the hard work of law enforcement authorities – including police and customs – in many countries to enforce those laws, firearms continue to cause severe harm.
Firearms still cause widespread death and bodily harm in the EU; they spread (more than ever before, it seems to me) fear, and undermine citizens’ feeling of security, as they are highly visible symbols of the power of criminal groups, and they generate large profits for criminal groups, increasing their economic power and ability to commit other crimes.
The question is what to do about it!
But before coming to that, let me touch briefly on three points:
- the harm caused by firearms in the EU,
- the steps taken at EU level in recent years to limit that harm; and
- why in my view the EU still needs to go further.
The harm caused by firearms
Over the last few years, tragic gun attacks have repeatedly drawn media attention – in Norway, Belgium, Finland, France and Italy, just to mention a few.
Seven innocent victims, including three children, died in Toulouse and Montauban at the hand of Mr Merah. Five died, and 120 were injured, in Liege here in Belgium just before Christmas last year. In my own Member State, Sweden, 17 were killed as a result of gun violence last year. I could, of course go on and on.
Sadly, those cases are only symptomatic of a wider and truly terrible reality: according to Interpol, firearms are used in more than 245,000 murders worldwide (excluding war-torn countries) every year. In the EU alone more than 5000 murders were committed with firearms (around 20% of all murders) last year according to the UNODC.
And no EU country is unaffected by firearms violence. It is truly a cross-border, common challenge. It is therefore not an exaggeration to describe small arms, as former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan once did, as ‘weapons of mass destruction’.
What has been done already?
Trafficking in illicit firearms has been on the political agenda of the EU for at least a decade:
In 2006 the Commission suggested to bring EU law into line with the UN Firearms Protocol
In the Stockholm Programme from 2009, EU Member States highlighted arm trafficking as a continuing security challenge for the EU.
More recently, in 2010, the Council adopted a European Action Plan to combat illegal trafficking in so-called “heavy” firearms. It reflects a political commitment of the Member States to take operational measures to effectively fight trafficking of firearms.
Based on that political commitment, quite a lot has been achieved in the last decade.
First, the EU has updated its legislation in the field:
- On the internal market side, the EU Directive from 1991 on the possession, sale and transfers of weapons between Member States was updated in 2008, and the rules tightened to some extent. The Directive now requires all Member States, by 2014, to create a data base on owners and transfers of legal firearms within the EU.
- On the external trade side, a new EU Regulation on licensing and controls with transfers of weapons in and out of the EU was adopted earlier this year. It will improve tracing and control of civilian firearms imported into, exported from and transiting through the EU.
This should allow the EU to finally ratify the UN Protocol next year.
Secondly, authorities in the Member States have strengthened, to some extent, the practical enforcement of EU and national rules. Just to mention on example: over 18.000 police officers, customs officials and border guards joined forces for 24 hours to run spot checks of vans and busses across Europe in search of weapons in 2010.
Customs authorities use the EU’s common customs risk management framework (CRMF) to limit the risks of illicit weapons entering or leaving the EU over our external borders. Preventive measures have been put in place through the EU’s legislation on ship and port security.
Law enforcement authorities and EU agencies have pooled expertise within the European Firearms Experts Group (EFE), which acts as an important forum for sharing best practices.
Finally, we have stepped up cooperation with countries in our neighbourhood, in particular with the Western Balkan countries.
Recent studies from EU Member States, and EUROPOL’s Organised Crime Threat Assessment from 2011, highlighted the risks that in particular military grade arms trafficked from the Western Balkans pose to the EU’s internal security. The figure of 4 million unregistered illegal war firearms in the Balkans is well-known, but it remains deeply worrying.
At the EU-Western Balkans JHA Ministerial Forum earlier this month the EU and the Western Balkan countries therefore agreed to jointly map out the structure of the illicit firearms trade and improve the management of weapons stockpiles. The declaration agreed in Tirana also underlines the importance of strengthening controls, improving the collection and exchange of information as well as operational police co-operation. Finally, it recognises that the legislation in Western Balkan countries should, where it is not already the case, be brought fully in line with EU and international standards.
The need for further action
All that said, there is a need for further action at EU level to complement the important work done at international and Member State level.
There is, simply, no evidence that firearms are causing less damage or insecurity in the EU today than, say, five or ten years ago. The trend appears, in fact, to go in the opposite direction!
Legally owned weapons in the EU continue to feed the illegal market, powerful and highly dangerous weapons continue to be smuggled – apparently without great difficulty – over our external borders, notably from countries in the EU’s neighbourhood, where weak management of stockpiles, looting, and corruption fuel the illicit market. There is evidence that criminal groups creatively exploit new technologies, for example making and distributing weapons from spare parts bought legally on the Internet, by converting lawful air guns into more dangerous weapons, and by re-activating neutralized weapons bought both outside and inside the EU
As a result, illicit firearms are much too easily available. Statistics are hard to come by in this area, but the number of firearms illegally circulating in the EU today probably exceed by far the number of registered hunters and sports shooters which according to the IEACS, l’Institut Européen des Armes de Chasse et de Sport exceeds 10 million in the EU. And to take just one Member State: a French report on Arms Trafficking in the Western Balkans reported in May this year that 3910 firearms were seized in 2011 in France alone, 40 % more than the year before.
Nor is there any sign that illicit arms trafficking is becoming any less profitable for criminal groups, who often combine it with other transnational criminal activities, such as trafficking in drugs and human beings. The Global value of the illegal trade in firearms has been estimated to between $ 170 million and $ 320 million per year. For the EU, we do not have any good estimates, which is in itself a challenge. We need to know more about the problem if we are to solve it.
Our idea for way forward
Where do we go from here, then? How should we address those huge challenges?
I will not attempt to provide all the answers today. The purpose of this conference is to stimulate debate, and collect your ideas as experts in the field.
From the Commission’s perspective, two things are beyond doubt:
First, we have to follow up closely with the Western Balkan countries in the coming months, and to assess if lessons learned in that context are relevant for other countries in our neighbourhood. The risk of large weapons stockpiles ‘spilling out’ once an armed conflict ends may, sadly, be present also for parts of Northern Africa.
Second, although I have focused my comments on actions within the EU, we must continue global efforts as well. The EU is strongly committed to regulating the international weapons trade, and we fully support the successful conclusion of the negotiations on the Arms Trade Treaty at the UN Conference on 18-28 March 2013.
But it is equally clear that we will have to step up efforts internally in the EU, starting by building – with the help particularly of police forces in the Member States in particular – a better understanding of where illicit weapons circulating in the EU come from, and how they are distributed.
To stimulate the debate on how to move forward, let me ask a few questions:
Do we need to tighten the EU internal market directive on the possession of weapons in the Member States? For example:
- Are there certain – particularly dangerous – types of weapons, which should no longer be allowed for civil use? The Commission concluded in a report published recently that there would be no clear benefit in simplifying and reducing the number of categories of firearms listed in the Directive, but should certain types of firearms be moved into the top category of ‘prohibited firearms’. This could reduce the risk that such weapons find their way onto our streets.
- Secondly, are common EU rules needed to deal with issues such as deactivation of firearms? According to the Directive a deactivated weapon is one which has been rendered permanently incapable of being fired and has been verified as such by a national competent authority. The Directive asks the Commission to issue ‘common guidelines’ on deactivation. But do we need to go beyond that and consider binding EU-wide rules on deactivation? What about developing binding common technical standards for deactivation and marking?
- Further, do we need to reflect on the need for EU rules on technical security features, to ensure that only rightful owners of firearms can actually use them?
- These are issues the Commission will have to address sooner or later [The Commission will report on how the Directive has been transposed by Member States in July 2015].
Is there a need to adopt EU legislation with common minimum rules on criminal sanctions for illicit firearms trafficking, as the Lisbon treaty allows, to be sure that deterrence works in all Member States and that there are no legal loopholes for the traffickers?
Should we look at the operational actions Member States agreed on in the Action Plan from 2010, to check what has actually been implemented and what has worked best? Or do we need to find new and creative ways of improving operational cross-border cooperation?
Could EU agencies such as EUROPOL and EUROJUST play a more active role in this area, to support information exchange and judicial cooperation?
Is there anything the EU can do better to support the work of networks like the European Firearms Experts, and is there a need for CEPOL to help law enforcement working in this area maintain the training and skills needed?
Is there a need to pay more attention to seized and confiscated firearms when law enforcement authorities investigate and prosecute other crimes, and to dismantle criminal groups?
The challenge the EU faces in dealing with illicit trafficking in firearms is considerable, but the consequences of failing to act are even greater. We need a stronger EU policy in this area, and an engagement of actors at all levels – international, national, regional and local.
I hope that your discussions today will produce new and creative ideas for how to shape a stronger EU policy in this area. The Commission is planning to present a communication on firearms next year. The conclusions of this conference will, I am sure, be very valuable input in that context and we look forward to working with you in the coming months.
- Digi Communications NV announces the release of Q1 2022 Financial Results
Digi Communications N.V. Announces an Amendment to the Financial Calendar for 2022
- Yield Crowd Tokenizes US $50M Real Estate Portfolio on Stellar Blockchain
- Digi Communications N.V. Announces an Amendment to the Financial Calendar for 2022
- Diabeloop presents new real-life results of DBLG1® System: Confirmed improvement in Time In Range +18.4 percentage points; Reduction of time spent in hypoglycemia to only 0.9%
- How two female entrepreneurs are redefining the lake travel industry
- Vil du være med å utvikle fremtidens bærekraftige reiseliv?
- Mettiti alla prova con la terza edizione del CASSINI Hackathon per rivitalizzare il settore turistico
- Προκαλέστε τον εαυτό σας στο 3ο CASSINI Hackathon και στοχεύστε την αναζωογόνηση του τουρισμού!
- Participez au 3e Hackathon CASSINI et relevez le défi de redynamiser le tourisme!
- 3. CASSINI Hackathon zur Neubelebung des Tourismus: Stellen Sie sich der Herausforderung!
- Írd újra Európa turizmusát a 3. CASSINI Hackathonon!
- Aceita o desafio do 3º CASSINI Hackathon para revitalizar o turismo!
- Podejmij wyzwanie! Weź udział w 3. Hackathonie CASSINI i pomóż ponownie ożywić turystykę!
- Daag jezelf uit op de 3e CASSINI Hackathon en blaas toerisme nieuw leven in
- Diabeloop adapts its self-learning, personalized insulin automatization software to be used with insulin pens
- Amadeus unveils five defining trends for the US group travel and events industry in 2022
- On World Bipolar Day ALCEDIAG announces EIT Health supported EDIT-B Consortium validating innovative blood diagnostic test for bipolar disorder
- Global & Europe Mental Health Software and Devices Market to Witness a Revenue of USD 13367.12 Million by 2030 by Growing with a CAGR of 13.28% During 2021-2030; Increasing Concern for Mental Health Disorders to Drive Market Growth
- Digi Communications NV announces the release of the 2021 Preliminary Financial Results
- Digi Communications NV announces Investors Call for the 2021 Preliminary Financial Results presentation
- At MWC in Barcelona, Amphenol will be exhibiting its wide offering for wireless service providers – including Open RAN compatible active 5G antennas
- ELIOS combined with cataract surgery delivers significant IOP reduction out to 8 years
- Tableau comparatif des pays : les caractéristiques à connaître avant de se développer à l’international
- Smart exosomes from an Australian technology leader
- Bucharest Digi Communications N.V. announces Share transaction made by an executive director of the Company with class B shares
- Transmetrics AI is Applied by DB Schenker to Improve Land Transport Network in Bulgaria
- Digi Communications N.V.: Announces repayment of an aggregate amount of approx. EUR 272 million of the Group’s financial debt
- El Liceo Europeo vence el Premio Zayed a la Sustentabilidad 2022 en Europa y Asia Central
- Framework rebrands to daappa, heralding a new phase in fintech solutions designed for private markets
- Digi Communications N.V. Announces the publishing of the Financial Calendar for 2022
- Manufacturing giant Haizol expands their offices in China
- Patients and R&D Leaders Jointly Present at EU Conference on Progress with Patient-Input to Transform Medicine Development
- Seminário Bíblico sobre “O Cumprimento da Palavra de Jesus no Mundo de Hoje”
- 'I Love fruit & veg from Europe': Weihnachten in der Schweiz ist gesund und voller Aromen
- Fidupar Now Live on Framework’s Core Solution
- Maya Miranda Ambarsari launches InterconnectDATA information platform for authentic data
- Digi Communications N.V. Announces that the offer of the Company’s Romanian subsidiary was designated winner of the auction organised for the allocation of certain radio frecquency entitlements
- New dating site aimed at people with mental health problems launches in Switzerland
- BITSCore Tests Satellite Cyber-Security and Ride-Share Algorithms on Australian Rocket
- StatusMatch.com ed Emirates collaborano per aiutare i frequenti viaggiatori italiani a tornare in volo
- StatusMatch.com and Emirates partner up to help Italian frequent flyers get back in the air
- MinDCet drivers and FTEX powertrain solutions enable EV GaN applications
- Digi Communications NV announces the release of the Q3 2021 Financial Results
- Origami and citoQualis Team up for Startups
- Digi Communications NV announces Investors Call for the Q3 Financial Results presentation
- Digi Communications N.V. announces the extraordinary general meeting’s resolution from 4 November 2021, approving the appointment of KPMG N.V. as the Company’s statutory auditor for the 2021 financial year
- Digi Communications N.V. announces The solution reached by the Bucharest Court of Appeal regarding the investigation conducted by the Romanian National Anticorruption Directorate with respect to RCS & RDS S.A., Integrasoft S.R.L. and certain of their directors
- Digi Communications N.V. Announces the results of the auction organised by the Portuguese Authority for Telecommunications
- Haizol expands its capabilities to include component assembly and product development
- EIC, the World’s Largest Multinational Innovation Program, to Invest €13.4M in Wi-Charge, a Game Changing Wireless Power Company
- European Weightlifting Federation on its way for Electoral Congress
- “Without women, We are unable to solve the world’s greatest challenges” — She Loves Tech 12 Hot Finalists ready to get their chance at the Local Pitch in South Europe!
- Significant improvement in increasing Time In Range and reducing hypoglycemia among people equipped with Diabeloop DBLG1
- Digi Communications N.V. Announces the Convocation of the Company’s Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders on 4 November 2021 in order to appoint KPMG N.V. as the Company’s new statutory auditor for the financial year 2021
- Unit of Measure enters partnership with Stibo Systems
- Haizol, metal manufacturing giant, launch a brand new website which is both user friendly and interactive
- Groundbreaking Immersive Experience from Samsung and Artist Michael Murphy Reveals a New Perspective for Visual Entertainment Through the Stunningly Slim Neo QLED TV
- Collaboration between Airbus and Neural Concept
- Archpriest Nikolay Balashov on Patriarch Bartholomew’s speeches in Kiev
- ABB's Peter Voser joins Xynteo's Europe Delivers partnership as it new Chairman
- Digi Communications NV announces that a new stock option programme was approved
- Leverage the benefits of digital manufacturing with Haizol
- Digi Communications NV announces the release of the H1 2021 Financial Results
- Digi Communications NV announces Investors Call on the Financial Results for H1 2021
- Rockegitarist-Sensasjon Rocky Kramer Har Fått Hovedrollen I Mutt Productions Filmen Rockin’ In Time
- Dispatch.d Offers Unique US Market Entry Services for European Impact Brands
- CSA Research’s New Localization Intelligence Analyzer, powered by LocHub, Helps Organizations Improve their Website’s Effectiveness for Global Customers
- Customer Data Platform Industry Accelerated During Pandemic: CDP Institute Report
- Digi Communications N.V. announces that two of its subsidiaries entered into two facility agreements
- Introducing Cap Expand Partners, Helping Business Leaders Break International Barriers
- Hong Kong’s Innovation and Technology Venture Fund Becomes Strategic Financial Investor of Ignatica
- Cure for prostate cancer on the horizon
- Fanpictor signs multi-year partnership with Royal Belgian Football Association
- Fanpictor unterzeichnet mehrjährige Partnerschaft mit dem Königlich Belgischen Fussballverband
- Fanpictor signe un partenariat pluriannuel avec la Royal Belgian Football Association
- Fanpictor firma una colaboración de varios años con la Real Federación Belga de Fútbol
- Fanpictor firma una partnership pluriennale con la Royal Belgian Football Association
- Fanpictor tekent meerjarige partnership met Koninklijke Belgische Voetbalbond
- Launch of the New Akenza Platform
- De zelflerende algoritme DBLG1®: eenvoudig te gebruiken voor een optimale en gepersonaliseerde behandeling van diabetes type 1
- Launch of the Anna Lindh Foundation Virtual Marathon for Dialogue!
- Digi Communications N.V. announces the exercise of stock options by the Executive Director of the Company pursuant to the decision of the Company’s general meeting of shareholders dated 30 April 2020 and in accordance with the stock option plan approved at the level of the Company in 2017
- New research unlocks long tail growth opportunity for the tech industry
- Digi Communications NV announces the availability of the instructions on the 2020 share dividend payment
- Digi Communications NV announces that conditional stock options were granted to several Directors of the Company based on the approval of the general meeting of shareholders from 18 May 2021
- Digi Communications N.V. Announces the Company’s General Shareholders Meeting resolutions adopted on 18 May 2021 approving, amongst others, the 2020 Annual Accounts
- Digi Communications N.V. (“Digi”) announces the Q1 2021 Financial results
- Digi Communications NV announces Investors Call for the Q1 2021 Financial Results
- Digi Communications N.V. announces an Amendment to the 2021 Financial Calendar
- Fastpayhotels Hits an Industry Milestone by Connecting 500 Hotels Per Day Through DerbySoft Technology
- 4 ways to build a more flexible supply chain
- Join the world's leading virtual CBD event for FREE
- DEEPENING STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN UBC AND PIONEERING DECENTRALISED PLATFORM, MANYONE
- Mono Solutions recognizes Norwegian small business agency with best website 2021 award
- Mono Solutions and Xrysos Odigos unlock new opportunities for small businesses
- Behind the scenes of a 10,000-people online conference: creating a live-event atmosphere and leveraging cybersecurity software
- Largest Supply Chain for Face masks, FFP2, FFP3 and cloth masks
- TRANSMAR AND TRANSMETRICS SIGN DEAL FOR STATE-OF-THE-ART LOGISTICS COLLABORATION
- Amendment of Digi Communications N.V. Financial Calendar for 2021
- 4iG and Digi Communications NV’s Romanian subsidiary have entered into a term sheet with regards to a potential acquisition by 4iG of DIGI Group’s Hungarian operations
- “Building Healthy Relationships and Enhancing Gender Equality”: Young women from Cyprus, Egypt, Lebanon and Jordan come together
- Bring Ventures investit dans Crossborderit (CBIT), DDP et une solution de commerce électronique
- Bring Ventures investiert in Crossborderit (CBIT), eine DDP (geliefert verzollt) und E-Commerce Lösung
- Bring Ventures invests in Crossborderit (CBIT), DDP and ecommerce solution
- Lionspeed GP with Patrick Kolb and Lorenzo Rocco joins forces with CarCollection Motorsport in 2021
- Eurekos, ein klassenbester LMS-Anbieter, hat seine Position im renommierten Fosway 9-Grid™ für Lernsysteme verbessert
- Eurekos, en førsteklasses LMS-udbyder, har forstærket sin position på den prestigefyldte Fosway 9-Grid™ for læringssystemer
- Eurekos, ein erstklassiger LMS-Anbieter, hat seine Position auf dem renommierten Fosway 9-Grid™ für Lernsysteme weiter ausgebaut
- Digi Communications N.V. announces Share transaction made by an executive director of the Company with class B shares
GreenMantra Technologies Announces Exclusive Distribution Relationship with HARKE GROUP
- Digi Communications N.V.: Announces an Amendment to the Financial Calendar for 2021
- Ideanomics Invests $13M in Italian EV Motorcycle Company, Energica
- DigiSky and Asman Technology Announce Global Reseller Agreement
- Neowintech - O Marketplace Da Sua Próxima Solução Financeira
- Neowintech - Il Marketplace per la tua prossima soluzione finanziaria
- PIONEERING DECENTRALISED SECURE MESSAGING PLATFORM MANYONE ANNOUNCES STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIP WITH UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON CENTRE BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY
- Digi Communications NV announces the release of the 2020 Preliminary Financial Results
- Fraunhofer IGD develops automated robotic arm to scan cultural objects in 3D, now cooperating with Phase One
- Adapt Fast or Disappear – Choosing the Right Supplier
- Digi Communications NV announces Investors Call for the 2020 Preliminary Financial Results
- A URSAPHARM Arzneimittel e a CEBINA anunciam uma parceria com vista a reaproveitar o anti-histamínico azelastina para combater a COVID-19
- URSAPHARM Arzneimittel et CEBINA annoncent un partenariat pour reconvertir l'antihistaminique azélastine afin de lutter contre la COVID-19
- URSAPHARM Arzneimittel y CEBINA anuncian una colaboración para readaptar el antihistamínico azelastine para combatir la COVID-19
- URSAPHARM Arzneimittel and CEBINA announce partnership to repurpose the antihistamine azelastine to combat COVID-19
- ANIL UZUN Will Launch Bass Guitar Lessons Series on Youtube
- Henrik Stampe Appointed CEO for Mono Solutions
- Anna Mossberg leder Nordens största privata AI-lab i Sverige: "Utan AI riskerar svenska företag att förlora sin konkurrensfördel."
- What COVID-19 has taught us about manufacturing & the importance of a digital online marketplace
- Digi Communications N.V. announces: the Supreme Court of Hungary dismissed the Company’s appeal related to the 5G Tender procedure
- Customer Data Platform Industry to Reach $1.5 Billion in 2021: CDP Institute Report
- Donna Thomas Joins Visual Data Media Services as Senior Vice President of Sales, Americas
- Discover how business proposals almost write themselves with the use of Artificial Intelligence in a new update from Offorte.com
- Haizol, Where Buyers Meet Suppliers
- Digi Communications N.V. announces the publishing of the Financial Calendar for 2021
- Digi Communications NV announces: Final dismissal by the US Court of the claim brought by certain US citizens against all the initial defendants, including i-TV Digitális Távközlési Zrt
- Firebolt Group Joins Top 1% of Companies Recognized for Sustainability Efforts
- Electriq Global and GVG Oil Trade B.V. to partner in fuelling Passenger Canal Boats with Electriq Fuel
- Haizol Deliver Fast Lead Times & Quality Parts at speed in the lead up to Chinese New Year
- Digi Communications N.V. announces the conclusion a MVNO agreement between the Company’s Italian subsidiary (Digi Italy) and Vodafone regarding the access to Vodafone’s radio spectrum and mobile communication network and infrastructure
- Experts demand for more transparency for medical treatment of politicians
- Electriq Global will launch its Zero Emissions, Hydrogen-Rich Fuel in the Netherlands by powering passenger canal boats with an Electriq PowerPack in compliance with the Amsterdam municipality requirement that all passenger vessels will be emission-free from 2025
- Spanish team wins the Farming by Satellite Prize 2020
- Digi Communications N.V. announces the senior facility agreement concluded between Digi Group and a syndicate of banks
- Corma.de launches Social Links OSINT Academy
- Can Chinese save the world economy?
- Pleme social network has been building throughout the Pandemic
- Visual Data Media Services to Partner with Endeavour Capital for Next Phase of Growth
- Digi Communications NV announces the release of the Q3 2020 Financial Results
- Haizol Expand its Capabilities into Motorcycle Manufacturing & Custom Made Bike Parts
- Digi Communications NV announces Investors Call on the Financial Results for Q3 2020
- Dutch Police selects bodycams from Zepcam to support police officers on the street
- Palette Life Sciences expands availability of online education and resources for paediatric urologists across Europe
- Sumitomo Corporation Europe Limited and NORCE Norwegian Research Centre AS sign Memorandum of Understanding
- Syniti & SAP Expand Partnership to Increase Client Options for Moving Harmoniously to SAP S/4HANA
- China’s manufacturing industry continues to expand according to the latest Purchasing Managers’ Index figures, with Haizol at the forefront of the growth
- AutoSock sono conformi alla regolamentazione Svizzera riguardante le catene da neve
- Introverts, nerds and geeks make the best salespeople
- Digi Communications NV announces the extension of the agreement entered into between the Company’s subsidiary from Spain (Digi Spain) and Telefonica Moviles España, S.A. regarding the access to TME’s radio spectrum and mobile communication network and infrastructure
- Tiqets’ US Awakens Week Highlights Exclusive New Experiences From Newly Reopened Museums and Attractions
- Haizol Boosts Companies Operational Agility
- Eveliqure announces the initiation of a Phase 1 clinical study of its combined Shigella and ETEC vaccine candidate
- eFax führt das EMEA-Kanalprogramm ein
- eFax lance un programme de distribution dans la région EMEA
- Mono Solutions partners with Lokale Internetwerbung to launch in leadhub platform
- Syniti Launches Podcast Series to Address Growing Focus on Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures, featuring Leading CEOs
- Mono Solutions and Ecwid partner for the seamless delivery of websites with e-commerce for small businesses
- Galata Chemicals to produce Tin Stabilizers and Intermediates at Dahej, India
- Sintecs selected as Mentor’s value-added reseller of its HyperLynx® products in Europe focused on serving Altium Designer® users
- INFOCUS CORPORATION AND CELEXON EUROPE SIGN EXCLUSIVE EUROPEAN MASTER DISTRIBUTION AGREEMENT
- L’Awakening Week de Tiqets en France met en avant les nouvelles expériences exclusives de plus de 15 musées et attractions qui ont récemment rouvert
- Tiqets UK Awakens Celebrates Reopened Museums & Attractions and Sponsors Visits for NHS Staff
- Tiqets Awakening Weeks Brings Together 100+ Museums and Attractions to Celebrate Their Reopenings
- A Jewish-Bedouin Partnership is bringing the Negev cuisine to Europe
- Digi Communications NV announces the release of the H1 2020 Financial Results
- New Chief Financial Officers appointed at Mono Solutions & Bauer Media Group SME Services
- Digi Communications NV announces Investors Call on the Financial Results for H1 2020
- Palette Life Sciences AB and Gedeon Richter Plc. Receive National Marketing Authorization in the United Kingdom for Novel Pain Relief Product, LIDBREE™
- Palette Life Sciences launches Deflux.com/UK, an online resource for paediatric urologists, parents and caregivers in the United Kingdom
- Digi Communications N.V. announces the publishing of Independent Limited Assurance Report issued by the external auditor of the Company on 30 July 2020 regarding the information included in the current reports issued by the Company under Law 24/2017 (Article 82) and FSA Regulation no. 5/2018
- The Pavilions Hotels & Resorts Excited To Announce First Luxury Resort Brand In El Nido, Palawan Island Philippines
- New Customer Data Platform Options Emerge During Pandemic Slowdown: CDP Institute Report
- Digi Communications N.V. announces The Competition Council authorized the economic concentration accomplished by the Company’s Romanian subsidiary („RCS&RDS”) by gaining control over some of the assets held by Akta Telecom S.A., Digital Cable Systems S.A. and ATTP Telecommunications S.R.L.
- TABS Score™ Expands its European Footprint; Begins Partnership Discussions Amongst Key Players in EU Venture Ecosystem
- Mono and Brandify partner to bring appointment booking to local businesses
- Digi Communications N.V. announces ANCOM approval for RCS & RDS S.A. to continue to apply a surcharge for certain roaming services provided in the EEA for a renewed maximum period of 12 months
- DerbySoft Expands Metasearch Coverage for Hotels Around the World
- Palette Life Sciences Announces European Distribution Expansion for Deflux® and Solesta® for More Than Twenty Countries Through Five Leading Distributors and Direct Sales Effort
- Pierre Koukjian and Cedric Koukjian, Designer Duo in Collaboration with Bulgari
- Pierre Koukjian et Cédric Koukjian, Duo de designers en collaboration avec Bulgari
- Former Duff & Phelps EMEA Leader Yann Magnan joins 73 Strings as Co-founder and CEO
- Concern for the oceans drives consumers to 'vote with their forks' for sustainable seafood
- Digi Communications N.V.: Exercise of stock option by Marius Catalin Vărzaru, a Non-Executive Director and VP of the Board of Directors of the Company
- SecurLine Certified to Protect Classified Communications
- Digi Communications N.V. announces that a stock option programme was approved for employees and managers of the Romanian Subsidiary of the Company
- Digi Communications NV announces the exercise of stock options by the Executive Directors of the Company
- Matvil Corp. продолжает бороться с противозаконными действиями юридической системы Молдовы
- Digi Communications NV announces the release of the Q1 2020 Financial Results
- Digi Communications NV announces that conditional stock options were granted to several Directors of the Company based on the general shareholders’ meeting approval from 30 April 2020
- MEDIS medical imaging systems acquires Advanced Medical Imaging Development S.r.l. (AMID) and secures further investment from Van Herk Ventures
- Digi Communications NV announces Investors Call on the Financial Results for Q1 2020
- Digi Communications N.V. announces the availability of the instructions on the 2019 share dividend payment
- Mono Solutions hires Chief Product Officer
- Notification shares buy-back: DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. reports to the regulated market the transactions which occurred under the DIGI symbol, 27 – 30 Apr 2020
- Digi Communications N.V.: GSM resolutions from 30 Apr 2020 approving, amongst others, the 2019 Annual Accounts; availability of the adopted Annual Financial Report for the year ended Dec 31, 2019 for the Group
- RCH Embark on Lasting Partnership with Culinary Institute JRE
- Notification shares buy-back: DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. reports to the regulated market the transactions which occurred under the DIGI symbol, 20 – 24 Apr 2020
- Notification shares buy-back: DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. reports to the regulated market the transactions which occurred under the DIGI symbol, 13 – 17 Apr 2020
- COVID-19: Digi Communications N.V. recommendation regarding participation of shareholders to the AGM convened for 30 April 2020
- Notification shares buy-back: DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. reports to the regulated market the transactions which occurred under the DIGI symbol, 6 – 10 Apr 2020
- DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V.: Exercise of stock option by a Non-Executive Director of the Company
- Notification shares buy-back: DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. reports to the regulated market the transactions which occurred under the DIGI symbol, 30 Mar – 3 Apr 2020
- Chief Commercial Officer joins Mono Solutions
- Notification shares buy-back: DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. reports to the regulated market the transactions which occurred under the DIGI symbol, 23 – 27 Mar 2020
- Digi Communications N.V. reports the admission to trading on the regulated market operated by the Irish Stock Exchange plc (trading as Euronext Dublin) of the senior secured notes issued by RCS & RDS S.A., its Romanian subsidiary
- Delft University of Technology Purchases its Second WebClip2Go Video Production System
- Notification shares buy-back: DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. reports to the regulated market the transactions which occurred under the DIGI symbol, 16 – 20 Mar 2020
- Integrated Services Monitoring Capability Launched by Bridge Technologies
- Digi Communications N.V. announces Convocation of the Company’s general shareholders meeting for 30 April 2020 for the approval of, among others, the 2019 Annual Report and of the 2019 Financial Statements
- Digi Communications N.V. announces The Hungarian Competition Council’s decision to issue a new decision approving the Invitel transaction
- Digi Communications N.V. announces Business continuity in light of the novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”) outbreak
- Notification shares buy-back: DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. reports to the regulated market the transactions which occurred under the DIGI symbol, 9 – 13 Mar 2020
- Reporting of legal documents concluded by DIGI Communications N.V. in February 2020 or in other period but effective in February 2020, in accordance with article 82 of Law no. 24/2017 and FSA Regulation no. 5/2018
- Notification shares buy-back: DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. reports to the regulated market the transactions which occurred under the DIGI symbol, 2 – 6 Mar 2020
European Customer Data Platform Industry Grows Quickly Despite Limited Funding: CDP Institute
- « La levée du pilon sur la plate-forme » peut faire la différence entre le saint et l’ordinaire
- Notification shares buy-back: DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. reports to the regulated market the transactions which occurred under the DIGI symbol, 24 – 28 Feb 2020
- EH GROUP ENGINEERING awarded EU Horizon 2020
- Notification shares buy-back: DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. reports to the regulated market the transactions which occurred under the DIGI symbol, 17 – 21 Feb 2020
- Digi Communications NV announces the release of the Preliminary Financial Results for year ended 31 December 2019
- Notification shares buy-back: DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. reports to the regulated market the transactions which occurred under the DIGI symbol, 10 – 14 Feb 2020
- Reporting of legal documents concluded by DIGI Communications N.V. in January 2020 or in other period but effective in January 2020, in accordance with article 82 of Law no. 24/2017 and FSA Regulation no. 5/2018
- Digi Communications NV announces Investor Call on the Preliminary Financial Results for the year ended 31 December 2019
- Consolidation Looms for Fast-Growing Customer Data Platform Industry: CDP Institute Report
- Notification shares buy-back: DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. reports to the regulated market the transactions which occurred under the DIGI symbol, 3–7 Feb 2020
- Digi Communications N.V. hereby reports successful closing of the offering of senior secured notes by RCS & RDS S.A., its Romanian subsidiary
- Notification shares buy-back: DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. reports to the regulated market the transactions which occurred under the DIGI symbol, 27 – 31 Jan 2020
- Digi Communications N.V.: Independent Limited Assurance Report issued by the external auditor on 30 Jan 2020 regarding the information included in the current reports under Law 24/2017 (Article 82) and FSA Regulation no. 5/2018
- Digi Communications N.V.: Rectification of the report published on 15 Jan 2020, regarding legal documents concluded by DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. in other periods but effective in Dec 2019, in accordance with article 82 of Law no. 24/2017 and FSA Regulation no. 5/2018
- Digi Communications N.V. reports the upsize and successful pricing of the offering of senior secured notes by RCS & RDS S.A., its Romanian subsidiary
- RCH To Present New Smart ECR, Robust and Vintage POS Systems at EuroShop 2020
- Notification shares buy-back: DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. reports to the regulated market the transactions which occurred under the DIGI symbol, 20 – 24 Jan 2020
- Digi Communications N.V.: (i) launch of an offering by RCS & RDS S.A. of senior secured notes; (ii) issuance of a notice of conditional full redemption of all outstanding €550.0m 5.0% senior secured notes due 2023 issued by the Company and (iii) restatement by the Company of its unaudited interim condensed consolidated financial statements for the 9-month period ended 30 Sep 2019
- Notification shares buy-back: DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. reports to the regulated market the transactions which occurred under the DIGI symbol, 13 – 17 Jan 2020
- Reporting of legal documents concluded by DIGI Communications N.V. in December 2019 or in other period but effective in December 2019, in accordance with article 82 of Law no. 24/2017 and FSA Regulation no. 5/2018
- Notification shares buy-back: DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. reports to the regulated market the transactions which occurred under the DIGI symbol, 6 – 10 Jan 2020
- Berlin-based SuitePad named Best Places to Work in Hotel Tech 2020 category at HotelTechReport.com’s HotelTechAwards
- Notification shares buy-back: DIGI COMMUNICATIONS N.V. reports to the regulated market the transactions which occurred under the DIGI symbol, 30 Dec 2019 – 3 Jan 2020
- Editor's pick archive....