Eurosonic, the leading festival promoting new European music, has announced the full line up for 2017. Members of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) have nominated 29 of the 300 acts who will take to the stage between 11-14 January in Groningen, Netherlands.
GENEVA,, 23-Dec-2016 — /EuropaWire/ — EBU Members will also record the festival performances, which are then relayed via the Euroradio network to a pan-European audience.
The annual festival has a proven track record for helping to break new acts on to the international music scene. Each year the festival attracts over 4,000 people who have the chance to hear music performed by new artists from over 30 countries.
The line-up supported by EBU stations this year includes artists such as Anna of the North, the latest in a long line of Scandinavian breakout acts, and Roosevelt, the German electro-pop artist who has more than a million monthly Spotify listeners.
Renowned for helping to break new acts, artists such as Hozier, Stromae, Soak, Selah Sue, Aurora, Jake Bugg, Agnes Obel, The Editors and Phoenix have all played the festival and gone on to enjoy international success.
Eurosonic was initially launched in 1986 as a one day event to promote Dutch and Belgian bands and is now organised jointly by the EBU and Eurosonic Nooderslag and the European Border Breakers Awards (EBBA).
Laurent Marceau, in charge of Pop Music for the EBU, said he’s proud of the contribution EBU Members make to the event:
“Each year the festival does a wonderful job of promoting new European music, with great acts being nominated by 26 public service radio stations all across Europe. Our Members are dedicated to supporting great music and finding new talent so it’s wonderful to see so many fantastic artists joining the line-up for 2017”.
EBU SUPPORTED ACTS
- Inner Tongue (ORF/FM4) – Austria
- Mustii (RTBF/Pure FM) – Belgium
- Warhaus (VRT/Studio Brussel) – Belgium
- Der Hunds (BNR) – Bulgaria
- Himalayan Dalai Lama (CR/Radio Wave) – Czech Republic
- IRAH (DR/P6 Beat) – Denmark
- Noëp (ER/Raadio 2) – Estonia
- Alma (YLEX) – Finland
- Baptiste W. Hamon (Radio France/FIP) – France
- Drangsal (ARD) – Germany
- Roosevelt (ARD) – Germany
- Bohemian Betyars (Petöfi Radio) – Hungary
- Glowie (RUV/RAS2) – Iceland
- Hare Squead (RTÉ/2FM) – Ireland
- Joan Thiele (RAI/Radio 2) – Italy
- Bandmaster (Latvijas Radio/Radio 5) – Latvia
- Cleveland (ERSL/Radio 100.7) – Luxembourg
- Tepes (TRM Radio Moldova Muzical) – Moldova
- Indian Askin (NPO/3FM) – The Netherlands
- Anna of the North (NRK/P3) – Norway
- Marta Ren & the Groovelvets (RTP/Antena 3) – Portugal
- Stray Dogg (RTS/Radio Belgrade One) – Serbia
- Jakob Kobal (RTVSLO/Val202) – Slovenia
- Viagra Boys (SR/P3) – Sweden
- Rein (SR/P3) – Sweden
- Damian Lynn (SRF3) – Switzerland
- FlexFab (RTS/Couleur 3) – Switzerland
- Be Charlotte (BBC/Radio 1) – United Kingdom
- Ward Thomas (BBC/Radio 1) – United Kingdom
The full 2017 line up can be found at the Eurosonic Noorderslag website: https://www.eurosonic-noorderslag.nl/en/festival/line-up/