(PRESS RELEASE) BUCHAREST, Romania, 17-Mar-2020 — /EuropaWire/ — The Company informs its shareholders and investors that it, as well as its subsidiaries have taken additional steps to ensure the health and safety of customers, employees and partners and the reliable delivery of services during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Taking into account the current unpredictable environment, the Company continues to take steps to provide the highest level of service and business continuity, more specifically:
- with the exception of Italy and Spain locations where we have a direct commercial presence (which were closed in accordance with the relevant public authorities requirements), all customer channels remain open at this time (shops, cashier offices, call centers etc.), while implementing specific measures for safeguarding the health of customers and employees;
- we continue to provide our services at the highest level and without interruption, all necessary resources for ensuring the continuity of our services being available at this time; and
- we have developed and upgraded our business continuity plans to respond promptly and efficiently to any disruptive incidents during the COVID-19 outbreak, while safeguarding the health of our employees and minimizing the impact on the delivery of services.
To this end, the Company has put in place, among others, the following measures:
- all employees have been asked to work remotely as much as possible, and wherever possible;
- employees who must be on site are applying social distancing and hygiene protocols based on guidance from health authorities;
- customers are encouraged to apply social distancing protocols, avoid use of cash and use our online or other remote services and resources for payment of their invoices and for placing their orders;
- specific disinfection protocols have been put in place in all our locations (offices, shops, cashier offices, call centers etc.);
- split-team shift work, staff segregation and flexible working hours procedures have been initiated to mitigate the risk of an entire team becoming infected and to ensure the continuity of all our services (i.e., fixed internet and data, mobile telephony and data, fixed telephony, cable TV, DTH and online platforms); and
- all employee travel to countries where there is an increased risk of infection has been cancelled or postponed.
The Company and its management realise this situation remains very dynamic and will continue to closely monitor developments with respect to COVID-19 outbreak. The Company is confident in its contingency planning and remains committed to providing services at the level that customers have come to expect from it.
About Digi Communications N.V.
Digi is the parent holding company of RCS & RDS group, a leading provider of pay TV and telecommunications services in Romania and Hungary. In addition, RCS & RDS group provides mobile services as an MVNO in Italy and Spain, and in Spain it also provides fixed internet and data and fixed-line telephony services.
For Digi Communications N.V.
Phone no: +4031 400 4444