(PRESS RELEASE) OSLO, 9-Apr-2020 — /EuropaWire/ — Hydro supports the most vulnerable affected by COVID-19 by donating NOK 500.000 to UNICEF’s emergency fund, Humanitarian Action for Children (HAC). Furthermore, Hydro is supporting hospitals, medical centers and health organizations at the local level in many places where Hydro operates.
“Social responsibility is a core part of Hydro’s sustainability agenda. We cannot succeed in societies that fail. While the health and safety of our employees are crucial in these times, we also have a role to play in the wider community and society,” says Head of Corporate Social Responsibility in Hydro, Elise Must.
“UNICEF’s critical support in preventing and supporting children and families during this period resonates with our purpose. This why we choose to support UNICEF,” Must says.
UNICEF’s emergency fund is:
- Providing protective equipment, medical supplies and hygiene products (e.g. soap and clean water)
- Providing medical assistance to those in need
- Driving information on hygiene and preventing measures to prevent infection of Covid-19
- Producing child friendly information and content on the Coronavirus
- Developing guidance and advice to parents on how to act and talk about the situation
- Supporting access to continuous education, social protection, child protection and psychological services disrupted by the pandemic
For media information, please contact:
Senior vice president, Media Relations
SOURCE: Norsk Hydro ASA