- Over 135 trainees begin Bentley career this week
- The largest number of graduates, apprentices and industrial placements in Bentley’s history
- Investment in future talent supports Bentley’s skills development programme
Crewe, UK, 5-10-2015 — /EuropaWire/ — Bentley Motors has welcomed 139 graduates, apprentices and industrial placement students this week, the company’s highest intake in history.
The new recruits cover roles in every Bentley department, from engineering to manufacturing, and sales and marketing to human resources. All new trainees will begin with a formal induction, before commencing their respective programmes.
Welcoming the new recruits, Marlies Rogait, Member of the Board for Human Resources at Bentley Motors, said: “I join the rest of the business in welcoming our new trainees to Bentley and I feel proud that this is our largest ever intake, demonstrating our dedication and commitment to skills development and investing in the talent of the future.
“These programmes will give them a solid foundation upon which to build the skills and knowledge required to become skilled professionals and experts in their chosen field.”
Bentley has created over 1,000 jobs in the past two years and was recently named as a Top Employer for the fourth consecutive year, praised for its focus on skills development within its workforce.
Annabelle Wain, who joined this week as an apprentice working in the manufacturing department, commented: “I’m really pleased to be joining Bentley and begin the next step in my career. I’ve read all about the new SUV, Bentley Bentayga and after the initial time in the classroom as part of the apprenticeship, I can’t wait to get started working on the new car.”
The apprenticeship programme offers an invaluable way of gaining recognised qualifications while undertaking key training at Bentley, for three or four years, dependent on which area the apprentice is working in.
The majority of apprentices will be undertaking the manufacturing programme, learning skills within areas such as wood, leather, paint and mechatronics. The first year of their programme will be theoretical learning at South Cheshire College, before working in practical areas of manufacturing at Bentley.
Bentley’s graduate scheme is a two year development programme where recruits are given the opportunity to work on business projects, working in a specific department, or across a number of functions.
The industrial placement scheme offers a 12-month development programme focused on undergraduate degree students looking to complete a year out in industry as part of their studies.
Recruitment for the next intake of graduates will start later this month, with apprentice and industrial placement positions open in March 2016. Further details can be found at www.bentleycareers.com
– ENDS –
Notes to editors
- The 139 trainee intake includes 27 graduates, 63 apprentices and 49 industrial placement students.
- Bentley Motors is the most sought after luxury car brand in the world. The company’s headquarters in Crewe is home to all of its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production of the company’s three model lines, Continental, Flying Spur and Mulsanne. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury car brands such as Bentley. It is also an example of high-value British manufacturing at its best. Bentley employs around 3,800 people at Crewe.
Director of Communications
Corporate Communications Manager
SOURCE: Bentley Motors