LONDON, 13-Nov-2017 — /EuropaWire/ — Aviva has launched a new app to help employees of corporate customers track and improve their overall health and wellbeing and better manage specific conditions and fitness priorities.
The app is available to Aviva’s large corporate customers at no extra cost, and has already launched to Aviva’s 16,000 UK employees as part of a wider health and wellbeing programme. The app will be rolled out more widely to Aviva customers over time.
The Aviva Wellbeing app extends the insurer’s health propositions beyond health insurance, offering customers an opportunity to access free, personalised health information and data to make informed decisions about their health and wellbeing. Customers will be able to identify and target their health and wellbeing priorities, such as sleeping better, lowering stress levels, losing weight or simply being more active. The app can be accessed via phone, tablet or PC.
Aviva Wellbeing has been developed in partnership with Tictrac, a leading Digital Health company based in London, with offices in the US and Singapore.
Through making Aviva Wellbeing available to their workforce, employers can offer a compelling new benefit, and have a mechanism to understand more about the health and wellbeing challenges and priorities of their organisation.
Almost a third of Aviva’s UK employees signed up to the app in the first week of launch, and half of those have joined action plans, to focus on a specific health need.
Ally Antell, Aviva UK Health and Protection Product Innovation Lead said:
“We’re delighted that so many of our employees at Aviva have signed up to using the app, and are already using it to make improvements to their overall wellbeing. We take the wellbeing of our employees very seriously, and the app is an important element of our wider health and wellbeing programme here at Aviva. Now available for our large corporate customers, and more widely next year, our experience at Aviva demonstrates that the app can offer an efficient and helpful way for employers to support their employees, and can contribute to a positive working environment.”
Jess Geoghegan | email@example.com | 07800 695673
Monique Crockett | Monique.firstname.lastname@example.org | 07800 693182
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £340 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £450 billion.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £34.4 billion in benefits and claims in 2016.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.
SOURCE: Aviva plc