(PRESS RELEASE) OSLO, 22-May-2019 — /EuropaWire/ — The Board of Directors of Albras has just announced that it decided to resume the normal aluminium production at the Albras aluminium plant in Brazil. Albras had to limit its production by 50% in April 2018 and will now resume normal operations. Full production will be resumed with an effect of May 21, 2019 while plant’s full capacity is expected to be reached in second half 2019.
The Board’s decision is a result of the decisions made by the federal court in Belem, Brazil to lift Alunorte’s production embargoes. These decisions were made on May 15 and May 20 thus allowing Alunorte to ramp up towards normal production.
Alunorte’s forced production cut resulted in Albras having 230 000 tonnes annual production curtailed in mid-April, 2018, out of an annual capacity of 460 000 tonnes primary aluminium. Hydro controls 51 percent of Albras while the remaining 49 percent is owned by Nippon Amazon Aluminium Co. Ltd.
Head of Investor Relations
+47 97 73 60 22
Senior vice president, Media Relations
SOURCE: Norsk Hydro ASA