Airbus Defence and Space in Mexico: four times in a row Number 1 company to work for with less than 500 employees

Annual ranking of CNN Expansion Magazine and the consulting “TOP Companies” for companies with fewer than 500 employees.

Mexico D.F., 27-5-2014 — /EuropaWire/ — Airbus Defence and Space in Mexico has been recognized for the fourth consecutive time in the “Top Companies” ranking as the Number 1 company to work for with less than 500 employees. This is an achievement that so far no other company has reached in any of their categories. The annual company ranking as the “Best Place to Work” in Mexico of the publishing group CNN Expansion is based on a study certified by Price Waterhouse Coopers.

Airbus Defence and Space began in 2008 its efforts to become the first in its class, starting at the 32nd place in the ranking. In 2009 it was ranked 12th, in 2010 eighth and from 2011 on positioned as the first in its category. Likewise, in 2009, the company was awarded the “Gender Equality” certification, and its recertification in 2010. Moreover, in 2010, Airbus Defence and Space in Mexico was granted the certification as a “Socially Responsible Organization”. The strategies and improvement actions that have been implemented to date have had a direct impact on the good results of the company. Together with this, the company develops a permanent internal communication campaign to strengthen its values in which employees themselves serve as the image of this experienced-based campaign.

According to CNN Expansion, participation in the ranking is open to all companies with over 100 employees. The methodology was developed by the consulting TOP Companies and is based on two tools: an anonymous questionnaire of 100 questions, which is designed to investigate the perception of employees on 14 factors. Seven evaluate the organizational culture of the company, which are leadership, communication, cohesion, job satisfaction, growth, policies and procedures, and social responsibility. The other seven inquire organizational climate, as motivation, working conditions, justice, salary and incentives, temporal organization of work and tools available to improve performance. The opinion of employees represents 80% of the rating of the company. The second tool is the statistical evaluation of the practices and policies of the company, which defines the remaining 20%.

On a global basis, Airbus Group is committed to employee development, providing its employees with almost 3.9 million hours of training last year and supporting 10,000 employees to change jobs within the company.

The company offers its employees the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies in an international and collaborative environment and they are actively encouraged to change jobs within the Group, allowing a diverse and satisfying career under one roof.

The success of the Group is based on the diversity of its workforce (across cultures, social backgrounds, skill profiles and ages) and the Group cultivates an inclusive workplace where all employees are respected and valued for their competences and abilities.

About Airbus Group
Airbus Group is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2013, the Group – comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Helicopters – generated revenues of € 57.6 billion (restated) and employed a workforce of around 139,000 (restated).

Contacts for the media

Anke Sturtzel
+33 1 61 38 53 30

Marie-Alix Delestrade
+33 5 31 08 59 72


Comments are closed.