- The 16 will receive ongoing mentoring and coaching and will network with leading global entrepreneurs at EY’s upcoming Strategic Growth Forum in China
- Participants have been selected from Singapore, Hong Kong, mainland China, Mongolia, Australia and New Zealand
HONG KONG, 21-Apr-2016 — /EuropaWire/ — EY has selected 16 high-potential, technology-focused start-up entrepreneurs from across Asia-Pacific to take part in its Accelerating Entrepreneurs program, which will help them to scale their businesses through support, expert guidance and networking opportunities. The entrepreneurs, from Singapore, Hong Kong, mainland China, Mongolia, Australia and New Zealand will participate in EY’s upcoming Strategic Growth Forum China in Shanghai on 11-12 May 2016.
The 16 were chosen based upon their potential to grow across borders, their entrepreneurial spirit, leadership qualities, financial performance, strategic direction, innovative thinking and people philosophy.
The selected participants are:
- Marcus Lim – ECOSOFTT Pte Ltd – Singapore – a globally-networked innovation company that specializes in management of water, wastewater and environmental services.
- Kelvin See – Simgo – Singapore – a telecommunications technology company that has virtual SIM technology to allow switching between operators, maintaining the user’s phone number and allowing for elimination of roaming costs.
- Varun Mittal – helloPay Pte Ltd – Singapore – an E-Wallet and Online Payment Service that allows anyone with an email address to securely, conveniently and cost-effectively send and receive payments online.
- Prajit Nanu – Instarem – Singapore – a low-cost international money remittance model designed to support immigrants and millions of small and medium sized businesses.
- Winnie Leung – eNano Health Limited – Hong Kong – a company building a series of disruptive saliva-based solutions for self-health management and fast screening of multiple diseases.
- Cedric Jeannot – APrivacy – Hong Kong – a technology solution that encrypts any type of digital data with military grade security while providing a seamless user experience.
- Eric Gnock Fah – Klook Travel Technology Limited – Hong Kong – a one-stop-shop travel booking tool for online and mobile devices.
- Yunwen Chen – Datagrand – mainland China – a big data SaaS platform that can integrate with companies of any industry who are in need of big data technology.
- Bolortuya Dorjsuren – Seaberry Farm Products LLC – Mongolia – a company making skin care and health products with Mongolian-grown organic sea buckthorn ingredients.
- Charlotte Petris – Timelio – Australia – an online marketplace for trading invoices which enables businesses and growing SMEs to get paid faster to help them grow their businesses.
- Alison Hardacre – HealthKit – Australia – a global health software platform for private practitioners and patients or health consumers, digitizing the health sector and building a global health data set.
- Chris King – Splend – Australia – a vehicle rental company for drivers who want to participate in the on-demand economy revolution but don’t have a compliant vehicle.
- Carolyn Mee – cmee4 Productions – Australia – developer of Sound Scouts, a revolutionary game created to detect hearing loss in preschool children.
- Alli Baker – Workible – Australia – an HR Technology company powering the largest connected job network in Australia and using real-time data to match candidates and employers.
- James Fitzgerald – Moneyball – Australia – Australia’s first and largest Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) platform.
- Carmen Vicelich – Data Insight – New Zealand – developer of “Valocity,” a Next Generation Mortgage and Valuation platform connecting Assessors, Brokers, consumers and banks to better facilitate mortgage transactions.
Michael Anghie, EY Asia-Pacific Strategic Growth Markets Leader, says:
“The potential for entrepreneurs to add enormous economic value and change the way we work is at the heart of EY’s commitment to entrepreneurship and our support for start-ups in Asia-Pacific seeking to scale their growth.
“Today’s disruptive digital economy offers unprecedented opportunities for early-stage entrepreneurs to enter new markets and transform business models, but it raises the potential of significant challenges too. We will mentor and provide support to these entrepreneurs to fast-track the execution of their business plans. Attending the EY Strategic Growth Forum China event will give our entrepreneurs access to an unrivalled network of professionals ready to help them navigate potential pitfalls and capitalize on growth opportunities.”
The selected entrepreneurs will receive the following comprehensive program of one-to-one guidance, networking and insight-sharing:
- Attendance at the EY Strategic Growth Forum China event in Shanghai, 11-12 May 2016
- The opportunity to network and form ongoing relationships with EY Growth Coaches, global entrepreneurs, industry leaders and EY specialists who will be gathered at the event
- Access to a dedicated EY service executive to focus on the business issue most critical to the growth acceleration of participants together with an EY Growth Navigator session to help assess capabilities and deliver growth plans
- Access to EY’s unparalleled global entrepreneurial ecosystem
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by EYGM Limited, a member of the global EY organization that also does not provide any services to clients.
About the EY Accelerating Entrepreneurs program
The EY Accelerating Entrepreneurs program helps fast-growth start-ups from around the world to scale their business through one-to-one guidance, networking and insight sharing. Split into three regions: Europe, Asia-Pacific and North America, the program is designed to help accelerate entrepreneurs through the next steps of their growth journey to becoming the global market leaders of tomorrow.
About EY Strategic Growth Forum China
This EY Strategic Growth Forum China will bring together global market leaders, high growth companies, market innovators, entrepreneurs, investors, industry professionals, government officials and policy-makers from across Greater China and the wider Asia-Pacific region to discuss, debate and create new opportunities for investment and growth.